Dr. Benhur Joel Shadrach
MD, DNB, (Pulmonary Medicine)
DM (Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine),
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Jodhpur
MIAB, MNAMS, EDARM (Switzerland)
Clinical Consultant & Interventional Pulmonologist, Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep MedicineBook an Appointment
Dr. Benhur Joel Shadrach is a Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine specialist. He completed his DM Pulmonology from AIIMS, Jodhpur, India. His area of expertise involves Interventional Pulmonology such as EBUS-TBNA, Transbronchial lung biopsies, Cryotherapy, airway stenting, Thoracoscopy, Foreign body removal and other therapeutic bronchoscopic procedures. He also has a keen interest in clinical pulmonology with vast experience in the management of Asthma, COPD, Lung Cancer, ILD, Pleural effusion, Sleep related disorders, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, COVID-19 and other respiratory infections.
- MD, DNB, (Pulmonary Medicine)
- DM (Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine),
- MIAB, MNAMS, EDARM (Switzerland)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),Jodhpur
Affiliations and Memberships
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (2020)
- Life Member of European Respiratory Society (2020)
- Life Member of Indian Chest Society (2019)
- Life Member of Indian Association of Bronchology (2018)
- He was ranked under the Top 50 in the National Quiz and won a one-year E-ACCP subscription, American College of Chest Physicians(ACCP) subscription, in August 2021.
- Dr. Benhur Joel Shadrach was a member of the organising committee of Sleep Conference SOMNOCON, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur, February 2019.
- Secured 6th Rank and awarded one-year E-ACCP subscription in the National Quiz American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP), August 2018
- Presented a poster titled “A Study of MDR Tuberculosis Among Symptomatic Household Contacts of MDR TB Patients”, 19thNAPCON, Science city Kolkata November 2017.
- Ranked VI in the Postgraduate Quiz Competition in Respiratory Diseases Academy of Respiratory Medicine, region of Uttar Pradesh June 2017
- Honoured with a Certificate for Outstanding Performance in the 2016 Chest Challenge India Knowledge Competition American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) 2016
- Organised a Workshop on Thesis Proforma writing held by the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine S.N Medical College, Agra, September 2015
- WHO Solidarity Trial Consortium, Pan H, Peto R, et al. Repurposed Antiviral Drugs for Covid-19 – Interim WHO Solidarity Trial Results. N Engl J Med. 2021;384:497-511.
- Shadrach BJ, Kumar S, Deokar K, Singh GV, Hariharan, Goel R. A Study on Multidrug Resistant Tuberculosis among Symptomatic Household Contacts of MDR-TB Patients. Indian JTuberc. 2021;68:25-31.
- Chauhan NK, Shadrach BJ, Garg MK, et al. Predictors of Clinical Outcomes in AdultCOVID-19 Patients Admitted to a Tertiary Care Hospital in India: An Analytical Cross-sectional Study. Acta Biomed. 2021; 92:e2021024.
- Chauhan NK, Shadrach BJ, et al. Safe Practice of Flexible Bronchoscopy for NonCOVID- 19 Indications During SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic. Tanaffoss (accepted on 17th October,2021)
- Chauhan NK, Rajagopal R, Shadrach BJ, et al. Pulmonary arteriovenous malformation on endobronchial ultrasound bronchoscopy. Thorax Published Online First: 08 September 2022.
- Goel R, Singh GV, Shadrach BJ, Deokar K, Kumar S, Rajput KS. Efficacy and Safety of Intra pleural Streptokinase in Tubercular Empyema Thoracis – old wine in new wineskin. Trop Doct. 2021; 494755211050193.
- Agarwal M, Gupta ML, Deokar K, Shadrach BJ, Bharti N, Sonigra M. Clinico-Radiological Profile of Connective Tissue Disease Related-Interstitial Lung Diseases from a Tertiary Care Centre of India: A Cross sectional Study. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis.2021; 10. 4081/ monaldi.2021.1624.
- Shadrach BJ, Tiwari D, Deokar et al. Post-partum Dyspnoea: Look Beyond the Lungs. Breathe Mar 2021, 17 (1)200114.
- Shadrach BJ, Vedant D, Vishwajeet V, et al. Endobronchial Pulmonary Blastoma-An Unusual Presentation of a Rare Lung Malignancy and Review of Literature. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2020;90:10.4081/monaldi.2020.1462.
- Shadrach BJ, Goel R, Haran H. Pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in a Young Non- Smoking Female-Too Many Rituals Spoil the Lung. ActaBiomed.2021;92(S1):e2021138.
- Niwas R, Shadrach BJ, Deokar K, Dutt N, Jain P. A Curious Case of Vasovagal Shock following Transesophageal Endo bronchial Ultrasound- Guided Needle Aspiration (EUS-B- NA).Acta Biomed. 2021;92(S1):e2021133.
- Agarwal M, Gupta ML, Shadrach BJ, Bharti N. Progressive Disseminated Histoplasmosis in an Immuno competent Host: A Rare Presentation of an Uncommon Disease. Acta Biomed. 2021;92(S1):e2021134.
- Shadrach BJ, Deokar K, Agarwal M, Dutt N. Quarantine of Health Care Workers in the COVID-19Crisis: Why and How Long? Acta Biomed. 2020;91(4):e2020174.
- Shadrach BJ, Jain A, Goel R. Management of Non-COVID Respiratory Illnesses during the COVID-19 Pandemic – a Pulmonologist’s Perspective. Adv Respir Med.2021;89(4):469-471.
- Shadrach BJ, Deokar K, Agarwal V, Jain A, Goel R. Systemic Sclerosis-InterstitialLung Disease with Coexistent Subacute Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis: A RareAssociation.AdvRespirMed. 2021; 89:75-76.
- Shadrach BJ, Goel R, Deokar K, Jain A. Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosisina COVID-19 Recovered Patient: Unraveling an Infective Sequalae of theSARS-CoV-2Virus.Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2021; 91:10.4081/monaldi.2021.1664.
- Agarwal M, Shadrach BJ. Acute Pulmonary Histoplasmosis Masquerading as Miliary Tuberculosis in a Non-endemic Region. Adv Respir Med. 2021;89(4):464-465.
- Shadrach BJ, Tiwari D , Shahi SS, Goel R. Postpartum Cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema: The Initial Presentation of an Underlying Rheumatic Heart Disease. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2020; 24:999-1000.
- Deokar K, Shadrach BJ, Chawla G, etal. Low dose Radiotherapy for COVID Pneumonia: Irradiate to Eradicate-Will it be possible? ActaBiomed.2020; 92:e2021023.
- Goel R, Shadrach BJ, Nayak RK, Jain A. Boerhaave syndrome: an unusual cause of bilateral exudative pleural effusion. AdvRespirMed.2021;10.5603/ARM.a2021.0005.
- Deokar K, Agarwal M, Dutt N, Chauhan N, Niwas R, Shadrach BJ, Chawla G. A Review of Ciclesonide in COVID-19. StillaLongWayto Go. Adv Respir Med.2021;89:79-81.
- Role of Evaluating Exercise Capacity and DLCO in Apparently Healthy Stone Workers in Agra- A Case Control Study. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences Volume 7 Issue 8 Feb 2018.
- Efficacy of Four Drug Regimen vs. Three Drug Regimen in the Management of Tubercular Lymphadenitis, Registered at S.N. Medical College, Agra. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research Volume 06 issue 03 March 2018.
- A Case Control Study of Depression among Stable COPD Patients. International Journal of Scientific ResearchVolume07Issue 04, April 2018.
- A Study of Clinical Profile of Empyema Thoracis Patients in Tertiary Care Centre at Agra. Journal of Medical Sciences and Clinical Research. Volume 06 Issue 05 May 18.
- Magnitude of Bronchial Asthma among Adolescent Age Group Residing in Urban Agra: A Cross Sectional Study. International Journal of Scientific Research, Volume 07 Issue 06 June 2018.
- Clinical Profile of MDR Tuberculosis Patients Attending Tertiary Care Centre, S.N. Medical College, Agra. Scholar Journal of Applied Medical Sciences June 2018 6:2310 -15.
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Critical Care
- Lung Cancer
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Obstructive Airway Disease
- Infectious Diseases
- DM Fellow, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India January 2019- January 2022
- Senior Resident, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India September 2018- January 2019
- MD, Pulmonary Medicine, S. N. Medical College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India May 2015- June 2018
- Medical Officer in Charge, Dr. Aasirvatham Oncology Hospital, Madurai January 2015- April 2015
- Medical Officer in Charge, Vinayaga Lasik Hospital, Madurai April 2014 – November 2014
- Internship (C.R.R.I), Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, March 2013-March 2014
Continuous Professional Development Activities and Awards:
- Speaker for the Panel Discussion on NISTAMI Meet, “Take charge for COPD Management”, organized by Cipla Pharmaceuticals on January 09, 2023
- Speaker for the webinar on “Optimizing inhalation therapies in Bronchial Asthma”, organized by Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals on December 30, 2022
- Guest speaker for the virtual discussion on “New paradigms shift in Asthma Management”, organized by Cipla Pharmaceuticals on December 28, 2022
- Guest speaker for the CME on the role of “Acebrophylline & N-acetyl Cysteine in the management of respiratory illness”, held at Chennai on December 18, 2022
- Guest Speaker for the virtual CME on the Role of “Nebulized long-acting bronchodilators in COPD Management”, organized by Cipla pharmaceuticals on December 16, 2022
- Completed the Rigid Bronchoscopy fellowship conducted by Centre for advanced Pulmonary Interventions on December 11, 2022, at Royal Care Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Participated in the 24th National Pulmonology conference (NAPCON) on November 2022, at Gitanjali Medical College, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Member of Organizing committee and Speaker of the International Conference on Interventional Pulmonology, Chest Premier League Season 1, on November 5-6, 2022 at Balaji Medical College & Rela Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Guest Speaker for the virtual CME on the “Role of Pneumococcal Vaccine in Pulmonology Practice”, Organized by Pfizer Pharmaceuticals on July 30th, 2022
- Regional Moderator for the International Update on Understanding Phenotypes and treatable traits for COPD Management held on 23/04/2022, Chennai, India.
- Ranked under Top 50 and won one-year Subscription for E-ACCP in the National Quiz
conducted on 20/08/2021 by the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP).
- Participated in the 24th Annual Conference on Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology, February 2019, at SGPGIMS, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Member of Organizing Committee of Sleep Conference SOMNOCON held in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur, on February 2019
- Secured 6th Rank and awarded a one-year Subscription for E-ACCP in the National Quiz
conducted by American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) on 16/08/2018.
- Participant in the 35th Uttar Pradesh State Task Force (STF) Workshop on RNTCP, 28th April 2018, SNMC Agra.
- Attended 51st ICAAICON 2017 held at Scientific Centre, 16-18th March 2018, KGMU, Lucknow Uttar Pradesh.
- Participated in Workshop on Basic Bronchoscopy, NAPCON, November 2017, Fortis Hospital Kolkata.
- Participated in National Conference on Pulmonary Diseases (NAPCON), November 2017, Kolkata.
- Presented a poster titled “A Study of MDR Tuberculosis Among Symptomatic Household Contacts of MDR TB Patients” at the 19th NAPCON, Science City Kolkata, November 2017.
- Participated in National CME on Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis, November 2017, at Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Era Lucknow Medical College, UP
- Participated in Symposium on Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Organized by American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP), Aug 2017, New Delhi
- Participated in PACS- INDIA 2017, Workshop & Conference on Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, July 2017, Metro Centre for Respiratory Diseases.
- Participated in Respiratory Initiative in Scientific Education, Organized by ACCP, July 2017, Delhi
- Ranked VI in the Post Graduate Quiz Competition in Respiratory Diseases Conducted for the region of Uttar Pradesh, Organized by the Academy of Respiratory Medicine, June 2017.
- Participated in Basic Life Support (BLS) Workshop held in the Department of Anesthesia, May 2017, SN Medical College Agra.
- Participated in the 22nd Annual Conference on Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology, March 2017 at CMC Vellore.
- Participated in the 70th NATC0N 2015, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Feb 2016, KGMU, Lucknow, UP.
- Awarded Certificate for Outstanding Performance in the 2016 Chest Challenge India Knowledge Competition, Organized by the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Participated in Allergy, Asthma & Immunotherapy Update held at the department of Pulmonary Medicine, October 2015, Era Medical College, Lucknow.
Participated in Workshop on Thesis Proforma Writing held by the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, September 2015, S.N Medical College, Agra.