Our Neurologist Team
The quality of health services revolve around the capabilities of the medical team and associated personnel. Our doctors possess a wealth of experience and have aided in the recovery of patients from all over the globe. In addition to possessing robust credentials, our doctors have cross-disciplinary qualifications which equips them to provide complete care. Our support staff are also highly experienced and form an integral part of our team. They are prepped and ready to assist you in your path to recovery.
What are some common symptoms of neurological disorders?
Common symptoms of neurological disorders:
- Dizziness or balance problems
- Numbness or tingling in the limbs
- Muscle weakness or paralysis
- Memory problems or cognitive impairment
- Difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- Vision problems
- Tremors or involuntary movements
- Changes in coordination or gait
- Changes in behaviour or mood
- Sleep disturbances
How to diagnose neurological disorders?
Diagnosing neurological disorders involves a comprehensive evaluation by a qualified medical professional, typically a neurologist. The process may include:
- Medical history: Gathering information about the patient’s symptoms, family history, and past medical conditions.
- Physical examination: Assessing the patient’s neurological function, reflexes, coordination, and sensory responses.
- Neurological tests: Conducting specific tests to evaluate the nervous system’s function, such as MRI, CT scans, EEG, nerve conduction studies, and lumbar puncture.
- Blood tests: Checking for certain markers or abnormalities that may indicate neurological issues.
- Cognitive assessments: Testing memory, cognitive abilities, and mental function to assess any cognitive impairment.
- Electromyography (EMG): Measuring electrical activity in muscles to diagnose neuromuscular disorders.
When should you consult a neurologist? What are some common neurological disorders?
You should consider consulting a neurologist if you experience any persistent or concerning neurological symptoms, such as chronic headaches, unexplained seizures, weakness, numbness, or difficulties with movement or coordination. Additionally, if you have a family history of neurological disorders or have been referred by another healthcare professional, it’s advisable to seek a neurological evaluation.