Dr. Radhika Venugopal
M.B.B.S., M.D.(Paediatric Medicine), D.M.(Hepatology), Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
Hepatology, Liver Disease & Transplantation
ConsultantBook an Appointment
- Dr Rela Hospital
– January 2020 – December 2020
– Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
- Institute of Hepato Biliary Sciences, Madras Medical College, Chennai
– Aug 2015 – Aug 2018
– D.M Superspeciality Post-graduation in Hepatology
– Awarded the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University
Medal for securing highest marks in DM Hepatology.
- Institute of Child health and hospital for Children, Madras Medical College, Chennai
– March 2004- March 2007
– M.D Post-graduation in Paediatric medicine
- Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
– August 1996 to December 2000
– M.B.B.S under graduation.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Association of Paediatrics (IAP)
- Indian association of Study of liver disease (INASL)
- Awarded the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Medal for securing highest marks in DM Hepatology for the year 2018.
- Oral presentation titled ‘Hand grip strength versus L 3 level psoas muscle thickness in assessing sarcopenia & prognostication in cirrhosis’ secured second Prize in award paper session at ISGCON 2018.
- Dr K.A. Krishnamoorthy Award for presenting a scientific paper titled ‘Reference standards for Body Mass Index in Adolescent Girls in Chennai.’ In PEDICON 2006.
- Dr T. Rajagopal award for coauthoring the paper titled – “Early detection of Nephropathy in Type 1 diabetes” – in State PEDICON 2008 at Madurai – 2008
- Dr T. Rajagopal award for co-authoring the scientific paper ‘Adolescent obesity in Urban and Rural Population.at East Coast South PEDICON 2012
- Radhika Venugopal, Krishnasamy Narayanasamy, Chezhian A; Rat Killer Poisoning vs Liver damage: A view in South Indian Patients of Tertiary Care Centre: Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive System 2018, 8:3
- Krishnasamy Narayanasamy, Shanthi Selvi A, Radhika V et al; Outcome of Therapy in HCV Patients in a public health Tertiary Care Center: Journal of Liver Disease & Transplantation 2016,5:2
- Radhika Venugopal, Krishnasamy Narayanasamy et al; Spectrum of Wilsons Disease – A Report from Tertiary Care Referral Centre from south India: Med ej, The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University June 2018.
- Krishnasamy Narayanasamy, Rajendran Karthik, Panneerselvam Priyadharshini, Mohan Nithya, Ramachandran Arun Kumar and Radhika Venugopal. Association of Metabolic syndrome and Patatin- Like Phospholipase 3- rs738409 Gene Variant in Non- Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease among Chennai Based South Indian Population. Journal of Gene Medicine, (Manuscript No- JGM-19-0175 under review)
- Anuradha Kandasamy, Narayanasamy Krishnasamy, Jayanthi Rangarajan, Gomathi Manju, Radhika Venugopal, Arun Kumar Ramachandran and Karthik Rajendran. Burden and impact of multidrug resistance infection on outcome of patients with Decompensated Liver Disease in a Tertiary Care Institute, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research (Ref No: 42606 – accepted for publication)
- Dinesh Jothimani, Radhika Venugopal*, Mohammed Forhad Abedin, Ilankumaran Kaliamoorthy, Mohamed Rela. COVID -19 and the Liver: Journal of Hepatology 2020 Nov; 73(5): 1231-1240.
- Dinesh Jothimani*, Radhika Venugopal, Mukul Vij, Mohamed Rela: Post liver transplant recurrent and de novo viral infections: Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology. 2020 June – August; 46:101689
- Liver Transplantation Society of India Guidelines for the Management of Acute Liver Injury Secondary to Yellow Phosphorus–Containing Rodenticide Poisoning Using the Modified Delphi Technique of Consensus Development. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology. (Article in press)
- APASL 2018 poster on ‘Yellow phosphorus as Rodenticide- Predictive factors of Liver Injury and its Outcome analysis in humans consuming rodenticide on suicidal Intention: A single centre tertiary Care Experience from South India’.
- Free paper presentation at PED GASTROCON 2005 titled ‘Clinical Profile of Wilson’s Disease in Children< 12years in a tertiary referral centre.
- January 2020 to December 2020 at Dr Rela Hospital as Fellow in Transplant Hepatology
- August 2018 to till date at Institute of Hepato Biliary Sciences, Madras Medical College, Chennai as Assistant Professor of Hepatology
- August 2015to August 2018 at Institute of Hepato Biliary Sciences, Madras Medical College, Chennai
- April 2008 – July 2015 at Institute of Social Paediatrics, Stanley Medical College, Chennai as Senior Assistant Professor of Paediatrics
- March 2004 to March 2007 at Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children, Madras Medical College, Chennai