Dr M. Anbuselvam
MBBS, MCh (Neurosurgery)
Institute of Neuroscience, Neurosurgery
Senior ConsultantBook an Appointment
- MBBS Govt., Kilpauk Medical College Chennai 10 1979 – 1984
- MCh (Neurosurgery) 1989-1994 Institute of Neurology Madras Medical College, Chennai 3 The Dr MGR Medical University Prof S Kalyanaraman’s Gold Medal
- Co-author: “Oro facial syndrome” Case Report – Neurology India Sept., 1997
- Co-author: “Spontaneous spinal extradural haematoma” Case report and review of LiteratureJournal of Clinical Neurosciences. Jan 2006
- Author: “Crossed Aphasia in Dextral” – Brunei Darussalam Journal of health, 2006
- Co-author: “An unusual spinal lesion in the cauda equina region” Brunei Journal of Health, 2011
- Co-author: “Patterns of shoulder imbalance in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a retrospective observational study” Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, 2014 Oct;27(7):401-8.
- Co-author: Axial plane deformity of the shoulder in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, Accepted for publication – Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, 2014
- Co-author: Post-operative shoulder imbalance in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a study of clinical photograph, Scoliosis, 2015, 10:31
- ”Tentorial Incisura Measurements” – Neurological Society of India’s Annual Conference, Chennai, India, Dec 1993
- “Giant Mesenchymal Chondrosarcoma – Skull” Case report- Neurological Society Of India’s Annual Conference, Chennai, India, Dec 1993
- “Combined Maxillo Facial and Neurosurgical Collaboration for Craniofacial Surgery at RIPAS Hospital, BSB, Brunei Period: June 1998-June2000” Presented at the BORNEO Surgical Delights- Organized by the Royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh, Brunei, 2000
- Co-author of the paper “More Meningiomas” Presented in 2002 Dec., ASEAN Neurosurgery Conference, Singapore
- ”Crossed aphasia in dextral” – Feb 2006, Annual academic sessions meet, UBD, Brunei.
- “An unusual cause for headache, Report of 2 cases and review of literature”, March 2007, Annual academic sessions meet, UBD, Brunei.
- “Cerebral cavernous malformation – Our experiences”, March 2007, Annual academic sessions meet UBD, Brunei.
- Presented 2 CME talks in RIPAS CME 2006: (1) Role of neurosurgery in stroke & (2) Cavernoma Brain.
- Presented ‘Brain Machine Interface devices – Science fiction or scientific reality?” May-2007, RIPAS CME meeting
- ”Nanotechnology in Neurosurgery”, March 2008, Annual academic sessions meet, UBD, Brunei.
- ”Spontaneous intra cranial hypotension” Poster Presentation-Co-author, Asian Neurosurgery conference, Beijing, June 2008
- ”Cervical arthroplasty”, Annual academic sessions meet, 2009, UBD, Brunei.
- ”Optic nerve injury” Paper presented in the Ophthalmology conference, Nov-2009.
- Precision and accuracy of stereotactic targeting with Leksell stereotactic frame-RIPAS experience, Annual academic sessions meet, 2009, UBD, Brunei.
- “Yield rate of stereotactic biopsy in brain lesions-RIPAS experience”, in the Women in World Neurosciences Conference, October-2011, UBD, Brunei
- “Chiari Malformation” in the 8th Annual Surgical Forum, Nov-2011
- Presented “Yield rate of stereotactic biopsy- RIPAS experience”, in the Asian Congress of Neurosurgery,2012 Istanbul, Turkey
- Presented “Peri operative nursing care in scoliosis” in the Asian Congress of Neurosurgical nursing, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Sonothrombolysis in Stroke – Presented in the CME of the Stroke Centre, JPMC, Sept 2014
- Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai 95 -Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon
Nov 2014- Jan 2021
- RIPS Hospital and Jerudong Park National Stroke & Rehabilitation Centre
Brunei Darussalam, Neurosurgeon
May 1998- Oct 2914
- Institute of Neurology & Madras Medical College & Hospital, Chennai 3
Dec 1994-May 1998
- Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Chennai 95 Nov 2014 – Jan 2021
- Senior Medical Officer & Deputy Administrative Head Department of Neurosurgery RIPAS Hospital, Ministry of Health, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
- Visiting Lecturer & OSCE examiner, PAP Rashidah Sa’adatul Bolkiah Institute of Health Sciences, University Brunei Darussalam, Brunei
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, National Stroke and Rehabilitation Centre, Jerudong Park Medical Centre Brunei Darussalam
- Assistant Prof of Neurosurgery, Madras Medical College, Chennai, India Dec 1994 – May 1998
- Medical Officer, Dept., of Neurosurgery, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei, May 1998 – May 2005
- Acting Senior Medical Officer, Dept., of Neurosurgery, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei, June 2005 – Nov 2007
- Acting Head of the Department of Neurosurgery, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei, March 2005 – March 2008
- Senior Medical Officer, Dept., of Neurosurgery, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei. Nov 2007 till April 30, 2011
- Senior Medical Officer, Grade I, Dept., of Neurosurgery, RIPAS Hospital, Brunei since April 31, 2011 till Oct 2014
- Deputy Administrative Head, Dept., of Neurosurgery, RIPAS Hospital, March 2008 till date
- Visiting Lecturer & OSCE examiner,
PAP Rashidah Sa’adatul Bolkiah Institute of Health Sciences, University Brunei Darussalam,2009-2013
- Consultant Neurosurgeon,
National Stroke and Rehabilitation Centre, Jerudong Park Medical Centre, Brunei
- Teaching visiting medical students from University of Queensland, Australia.
- Teaching FY I doctors & Teaching staff nurses & Para medic staff in their diploma Programmes in RIPAS Hospital, Brunei
- National Faculty in the “Brunei Scoliosis Week” International Programme for 4 times 2008-2014
- Teaching faculty – DNB Neurosurgery Postgraduates since Nov 2015