Dr. Jagadeesh Menon VR
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics), DM (Paediatric Gastroenterology)
Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Transplantation
Pediatric Hepatology - ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr Jagadeesh Menon V R did his undergraduate training (M.B.B.S) at Govt Medical College, Calicut. He completed his M.D at the department of Paediatrics, Advanced Paediatric Center (APC), PGIMER, Chandigarh. He pursued his D.M in Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology at PGIMER, Chandigarh after securing all India Rank 1 in the entrance examination. He is one of the few Paediatric Hepatologists, who is a member of the International Liver Transplantation Society(ILTS). He is currently working as a consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist and Liver Transplant Physician at Dr Rela Hospital, Chennai
- Best oral /poster presentation in 6th IYCF conference held at GMCH 32 Chandigarh in 2016.
- Prize for poster presentation at 4th ISPGHAN conference held in Guwahati in 2017.
- Presidential poster: Efficacy of Psyllium over placebo in the therapy of Paediatric IBS. ISGCON 2018
- Prize for poster presentation at ISPGHAN 2019, Chennai
- Prize for oral presentation at MCLD 2020 at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
- Best oral paper presentation at LTSICON 2020. Online
- Focused Paediatric Hepatology Group: “Protocol based approach and liver transplantation in Langerhans cell histiocytosis” at the European society of organ transplant (ESOT) conference 2021, Milan (only research paper selected from Asia).
- Nutritional Assessment in Children with chronic liver disease. IYCF 2016.Chandigarh
- Gastrointestinal presentations of primary immune deficiencies. CAPGAN 2015. New Delhi.
- Clinical profile and outcome of Paediatric hepatitis C infection from a tertiary care centre in North India. ISPGHAN 2017.Guwahati.
- Clinical profile and outcomes in Paediatric Abdominal Tuberculosis. ISG 2018.Kochi.
- Clinical profile and outcome in Paediatric Wilson disease from a non-transplant tertiary care centre in North India. INASL 2018.New Delhi.
- Clinical profile and outcome of Paediatric Hepatitis C infection from a tertiary care centre in North India. ISPGHAN 2017.Guwahati.
- Efficacy of oral Psyllium vs placebo in the therapy of Paediatric Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A double-blind randomised control trial. ESPGHAN 2020 at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Hepatopulmonary syndrome in children with chronic liver disease. ISPGHAN 2014.Kochi
- Oral presentations at CPLD at ILBS, New Delhi(2015,2016), GI forums in Chandigarh, Paediatric GI emergency at Mumbai
- Oral research presentation in a master class in liver disease 2020 at ITC Chola. Chennai
- Oral research presentation at ILTS 2021 conference: “Awareness and concerns on COVID 19 among parents of Paediatric liver recipients“
- Oral research presentation at ILTS 2021: “Neurological complications of Paediatric liver transplant recipients, risk factors and outcomes“
Research And Publications
- Malhi P, Menon J, Bharti, B. et al. Cognitive Development of Toddlers: Does Parental Stimulation Matter?. Indian J Pediatr.2018; 85:49.
- Menon J, Kumar A, Vaiphei K, Lal S. An interesting cause of chronic abdominal pain in a child. Trop Doct. 2020;50:63-64.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Vij M, Reddy MS, Rela M. Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Presenting as Macrocheilitis in a Post liver Transplant Paediatric Patient. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2020;71(1):e46.
- Menon J, Shanmugham N, Vij M, Srinivas S, Reddy S, Rela M. Peribiliary Pseudotumor Like Presentation of IgG4 Related Disease. Indian J Pediatr (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12098-020-03328-6.
- Hakeem AR, Padmanaban H, Karthikeyan S, Murugesan S, Menon J, Shanmugam N, Jothimani D, Reddy MS, Rela M. Awareness and Concerns Among Adult Liver Transplant Recipients in the Current Pandemic Caused by Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Strategies to Safeguard a High-risk Population. J Clin Exp Hepatol.2020;doi:10.1016/j.jceh.2020.06.001.
- GUaRDIAN Consortium. Genomics of rare genetic diseases-experiences from India. Hum Genomics. 2019;14:52.
- Menon J, Vij M, Hakeem AR, Gopi KR, Bibi A, Shanmugam N, Reddy MS, Rela M. Late-onset peripheral T cell lymphoma Not Otherwise Specified in a liver transplant recipient: A rare subtype of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder. J Clin Exp Hepatol.2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2020.09.002.
- Menon J, Vij M, Shanmugam N, Hakeem AR, Reddy MS, Kaliamoorthy I, Rela M. Hilar Fibropolycystic Liver Disease of Unknown Etiology: A Revelation from the Explant Liver. J Pediatr Genet.2020. DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-1716829
- Menon J, Venkatesh V, Thirunavukkarasu B, et al. Hennekam syndrome: an uncommon cause of chylous ascites and intestinal lymphangiectasia in the tropics. BMJ Case Reports CP.2019;12:e229419.
- Lal SB, Bolia R, Menon J, Venkatesh V, Bhatia A,Vaiphei K, Yadav R and Sethi, S. Abdominal tuberculosis in children: A real‐world experience of 218 cases from an endemic region. J Gastroenterol Hepatol.Open.2019;4:215-220
- Menon J, Venkatesh V, Rana S, Bhatia A, Lal S. Ascites: an unusual presentation of eosinophilic gastroenteritis in a child. Trop Doct.2020. doi:10.1177/0049475520911230.
- Sharma S, Menon J, Lal S, Thapa BR. Bertiella studeri Infection-A Rare Cause of Chronic Abdominal Pain in a Child from North India. J Trop Pediatr. 2018;64:348-351.
- Kadyada SP, Thapa BR, Dhaka N, Bhatia A, Menon J. Role of Diagnostic Endoscopic Ultrasound in Idiopathic Acute Pancreatitis and Acute Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children. Pancreas. 2019;48:350-355.
- Menon J, Bhatia A, Thapa BR, Sodhi KS. Intraperitoneal lipomatosis is a rare clinicoradiological entity in a child. Trop Doct.2017;47:261– 262.
- Lone YA, Menon J, Menon P, Vaiphei K, Rao KL, Thapa B, Gupta K. Kawasaki disease presenting as acute intestinal obstruction. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2017;22:170-2.
- Srikanth KP, Thapa BR, Kanojia RP, Vaiphei K, Lal SB, Menon JV. Unusual cause and association of gastrointestinal bleed in a young boy. J Dig Endosc 2017; 8:142-4.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Patel K, Hakeem A, Srinivas Reddy, M, Rela, M. Awareness And Concerns About Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‐19) Among Parents Of Paediatric Liver Transplant Recipients. Pediatr Transplant. 2020; 00:e13805. https://doi.org/10.1111/petr.13805.
- Thapa, BR, Goyal P, Menon J, Sharma A. Acceptability and Efficacy of Locally Produced Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food Nutreal in the Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition in Comparison With Defined Food: A Randomized Control Trial. Food Nutr Bull.2017.38, 18–26.
- Srikanth KP, Menon JV, Das S, Lal SB, Ray P, Thapa BR. Multifocal hepatic abscess with community-acquired Citrobacter koseri infection causing liver failure in an immune-competent child. Trop Gastroenterol 2017; 38:65-66.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Srinivas S, Vij M, Jalan A, Reddy MS, Rela M. Wolman disease: A rare cause of infantile cholestasis and cirrhosis. J Pediatr Genet.2020.
- Srikanth KP, Thapa BR, Chadha V, Menon J. Trivial and fatal complications of oesophagal foreign bodies in neonates. J Clin Neonatol 2016; 5:109-11.
- Cherukuru R, Menon J, Patel K, et al. Uncommon presentation of a recurrent diaphragmatic hernia after Paediatric liver transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2020; 00:e13790.
- Goyal P, Thapa BR, Sharma NR, Menon J, Bhatia A. Nutritional assessment in obese children with and without NAFLD in an urban area of Punjab, India. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development.2018;9:217-223.
- Bhattarai D, Vignesh P, Kaur A, Kumari P, Menon JV, Geethanjali G, Rawat A.Epstein‐Barr virus‐associated lymphocytic cholangitis in a child with X‐linked lymphoproliferative syndrome. Scand. J. Immunol.2020. doi:10.1111/sji.12975
- Menon, J, Miraje, B, Patel, K, et al. Primary tuberculosis of the graft Masquerading pyogenic liver abscess in a Paediatric liver recipient. Transpl Infect Dis. 2020; 00:e13533.
- Menon J, Hakeem AR, Rammohan A, Sundaramoorthy S, Kanagavelu RG, Reddy MS, Rela M. Living Donor Liver Transplantation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Serendipitous Silver Lining! Transplantation. 2021. 1;105(2):e20-e21.
- Reddy MS, Menon J, Hakeem AR, Murugesan S, Narasimhan G, Shanmugham N, Rela M. How can we reduce the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on timely access to liver transplantation in children? Hepatol Int. 2021 .27:1–2
- Hakeem AR, Baskaran K, Chandrasekaran S, Menon J, Reddy MS, Rela M. Nationwide Survey on the Knowledge, Attitudes and Perceptions among the Indian Adult Population regarding COVID-19. J Assoc Physicians India. 2020 ;68:28-33.
- Nair, A., Menon, J., Rammohan, A., Hakeem, A. R., Cherukuri, S. D., Reddy, M. S., & Rela, M. The COVID-19 Pandemic and Its Effect on the Mental Health of Doctors in India. Asian Journal of Medicine and Health, 2020.18.55-70.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Patel K, Kalyanasundaram S, Kumar N, Rela M. Double superior vena cava in Alagille syndrome: left is not the right choice. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr.2021. Accepted.
- Menon J, Vij M, Sachan D, Rammohan A, Shanmugam N, Kaliamoorthy I, Rela M. Paediatric metabolic liver diseases: The evolving role of liver transplantation. World J Transplant 2021; 11: 161-179.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Vasudevan A, Kumar N, Rammohan A, Rela M. Kawasaki disease in a Paediatric liver transplant patient. Transpl Immunol. 2021;67:101416.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Valamparampil J, Vij M, Jalan A, Reddy MS, Rela M. Liver Transplantation: A Safe and Definitive Alternative to Lifelong Nitisinone for Tyrosinemia Type 1. Indian J Pediatr. 2021. Accepted.
- Shanmugam N, Menon J, Vij M, Rammohan A, Rajalingam R, Rela M.Total Internal Biliary Diversion for Post–Liver Transplant PFIC-1–Related Allograft Injury. J Clin Exp Hepatol.2021.ISSN 0973-6883,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2021.03.008.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Vij M, Rammohan A, Rela M. A Child with Prolonged Fever and Hepatosplenomegaly Caused by Calodium Hepaticum. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2021 Jul 7. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000003228.
- Patel K, Menon J, Shanmugam N, Kalyanasundaram S, Rela Tacrolimus-induced Central Pontine Myelinolysis in a Paediatric Liver Transplant Recipient, J Clinical Exp Hepatol.2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jceh.2021.07.011.
- Aneja, A., Menon, J., Bolia, R. et al. Knot—Not Uncommon. Indian J Pediatr (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12098-021-04001-2.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Vij M, Rammohan A, Rela M. Multidisciplinary Management of Alagille Syndrome. J Multidiscip Healthc. In Press. 2022.
- Diagnostic upper gastrointestinal Endoscopies
- Therapeutic upper gastrointestinal Endoscopies including foreign body removal
- Endoscopic sclerotherapy/Endoscopic variceal ligation
- Endoscopic stricture dilatation
- Forgein body removal
- Therapeutic: Polypectomy
- Intraoperative Enteroscopy