Embryo Donation And Surrogacy
It is natural for all couples to have a child of their own but in a very few instances, fertilization attempts may not yield desired results. In such cases, embryo donation is an exciting new option that is being made available in modern infertility treatments.
It is strongly recommended in case of both partners dealing with serious infertility or other health conditions. Men with absolutely no sperm or azoospermia, testicular cancer, undergoing chemotherapy etc and female with poor egg quality, advanced reproductive age or premature menopause, can opt for donor embryo that is fertilized with the use of donor sperm or donor eggs.
SURROGACY (ONLY FOR INDIAN CITIZENS)
Surrogacy is not an alien term in India anymore. It has become quite popular in the last few years and has come like a boon for countless number of childless couples. Surrogacy or being a surrogate mother is an arrangement in which a healthy woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person.
As per the law of the land, India strictly allows only gestational surrogacy and is strictly monitored by laws.
Under this procedure, the embryo created through IVF or ICSI using intended parents’ egg and sperm is placed into the uterus of the surrogate. This means the child is genetically unrelated to the surrogate or gestational carrier.
In few cases, the donor sperm, eggs, embryo may also be used based on the requirements only after getting a due consent from the intending parents.
Dr Rela Hospital strictly adheres to the guidelines as defined in The Assisted Reproductive Technologies (Regulation) Bill – 2010 issued by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi.
- The pre-requisite for the surrogate is to be between the age of 23 to 35 years of age, already with a child as it helps the surrogate understand the challenges faced in the pregnancy.
- The newly drafted policy clearly mentions that the surrogate must be the close relative of the intending parents like sister-in-law, etc.
- The surrogate must undergo basic screening tests as well as screening for infectious diseases and Thalassemia.
- The first step involved is to undergo the IVF cycle for the embryo implantation in the surrogate.
- The intended parents can visit the hospital during the expected date of confirmation of pregnancy of the surrogate.
- The commissioned parents-to-be will be updated about the progress of surrogate mother on a regular basis and will be under the care of efficient doctors.
- The baby will be handed over to the genetic parents immediately after the birth.
Foreign Nationals please note as per the directive of ICMR, New Delhi dated 27 Oct 2015, all Infertility Centres in India have been asked to stop providing Surrogacy Services to any Foreign Nationals with immediate effect.