When Liver Cancer Impacts Family
October 11, 2019
Family members of patients facing liver cancer face as such anxiousness as the patient. Family members feel helpless and afraid. Both patient and family members go through a rough phase. But, with proper management and guidance, both patients and their family members can get through. With proper diagnosis, treatment, and support, both patients and family members can handle liver cancer. At Dr. Rela Hospital , one of the best liver cancer treatment hospitals in India, patients and their family members are given complete support and guidance.
Patients and their family members are given advice on:
- How to communicate: It is important that family members talk to each other. There is a need to communicate regarding feeling of stress and anxiety. Family members can be honest with each other.
- Dealing with treatment plans: Family members must be involved in the treatment plan. Liver cancer cannot be treated in isolation. Understanding the treatment plan helps family members support the patient.
- Making decisions: Liver cancer patients may be too weak or distressed to make decisions by themselves. Family members can support patients by helping them take a decision.
- Changing their daily routine: A healthy life style always help patients. Family members can help patient maintain a healthy daily routine. Mental support from the family helps patient to get better soon.
- Handling Emotions: Patients with liver cancer may go through myriad emotions. Family members need to be there to support patients. It may become difficult for family members, but being strong for the patient helps them take control of the situation.
Each situation and diagnosis are unique and, often, one of the best thing family members can do is simply listen. Allow patients to voice their feelings, frustrations, and concerns. Last but not the least, family members must learn to take care of themselves, because without a support system, it is very difficult for the patient to get back into a normal routine.
Always Rela Hospital
Dr. Rela Hospital is considered as the best liver cancer hospital in Chennai as well as the best liver transplantation surgery hospital in India because of its excellent patient support system. We ensure that patients are in constant contact with the family members. Family members are included in the treatment plans for patients. Patients are given complete freedom to discuss each and every step of the treatment plan with their family members. Doctors are connected with the family members and update them regarding the patient conditions and treatment plans. We ensure that patients and family members feel at home.