The Perinatal Medicine @ Rela Institute
July 7, 2020
Perinatal medicine is a medical specialty concerned with care of the mother and fetus during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Continuous care from conception to delivery is essential for physical, mental and social well-being for both the mother and child.
Complications during pregnancy and childbirth are the leading cause of death and disability among women of reproductive age in developing countries. These issues can be resolved by education for all, universal access to basic health services and nutrition before, during and after childbirth; access to family planning services; attendance at birth by professional health workers and access to good quality care in case of complications; and policies that raise women’s social and economic status, and their access to property, as well as the labor force.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Dr Rela Hospital is a 15 bedded NICU that is strategically located on the second floor, adjacent to Labour Ward of the hospital. It is currently fully equipped and staffed to provide 24/7 care to the most vulnerable babies.We provide a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to the care of your infant including care of sick new-borns, extreme preterm babies, Ventilation, Parenteral nutrition and follow up these babies at Neuro developmental clinic with care providing Physical Therapya Lactation help, Nutritional help, Occupational Therapy and many more.
On this front we are working to provide 24/7 maternal and neonatal care under one roof. Our Obstetrics team is fully equipped and care mothers with complications of pregnancy.These high risk mothers are cared with our Rapid response team at Our Emergency.
SERVICE PROVIDED FOR NEW BORN BABIES
- Management of High Risk Infants
- Management of Preterm and Low Birth Weight Babies
- Management of Neonatal Surgical Problems
- Incubator Care
- Exchange Transfusion
- Arterial Blood Gas
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Ventilator Support (Conventional, High Frequency)
- Surfactant Therapy
- Nitric Oxide Therapy
- Whole Body Cooling
- New Born Screening
- Ultrasound Echocardiography
- Hearing Assessment
- Congenital Hypothyroidism & Metabolic Disorders
- Outpatient Clinic
- High Risk Infant Follow Up
- High Risk Pregnancy Counselling
- We provide support to transfer the patient from other hospitals to the NICU by an “expert NICU transport team” for any emergencies.
- Our ambulances are neonatal friendly and have the capability to do mechanical ventilation for both short and long-distance transport.
- Our newborn doctors will arrive in ambulance, stabilize the baby, council the parents and transfer the baby to Rela Hospital
- The NICU team will always keep the referral Pediatrician and obstetrician well informed on ongoing treatment
- Neonates at discharge will be briefed about the follow up and vaccination with the referring doctor and the hospital.
- We provide 24/7 Neonatal Resuscitation help to all the birthing centre in and around Chrompet.