Dr. R. Venkatakrishnan
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Department of Cardiology
Consultant CardiologistBook an Appointment
Dr. R. Venkatakrishnan has 10+ years of experience in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology. He has completed 3000 procedures including performing and assisting in over 1500 angioplasties. His vision is to apply his knowledge with dedication towards providing safe and patient-centered health care.
- MBBS – 2011, SRM Medical College & Research Institute, Potheri
- MD General Medicine – 2016, Madras Medical College, Chennai
- DM Cardiology – 2020, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Effect of Yoga on Clinical Outcomes and Quality of Life in Patients with Vasovagal Syncope (LIVE-Yoga) November 2021 JACC Clinical Electrophysiology DOI: 10.1016/j.jacep.2021.09.007 Gautam Sharma, Venkatakrishnan Ramakumar et al
- Ramakumar V, Dangas G, Senguttavan NB et al. Coronary stent infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2023 doi: 10.1016/j.carrev.2023.02.021.
Review articles and Commentaries
- Of Occlusions, Inclusions, and Exclusions: Time to Reclassify Infarctions? Mullasari Ajit Sankardas, DM, DNB, Venkatakrishnan Ramakumar, DM, Faraz Ahmed Farooqui, DM Aug 2021 Circulation 2021;144:333–335 https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.121.055827
- Venkatakrishnan Ramakumar, et al. Long-term oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation in low and middle income countries, Indian Heart Journal, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ihj.2021.02.003
- Ramakumar, Venkatakrishnan & Naik, Nitish Current status of the ICD in nonischemic cardiomyopathy. Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences. 4. 6. 10.4103/jpcs.jpcs_16_18.
- Ramakumar, Venkatakrishnan & Naik, Nitish The current status of implantable cardioverter defibrillator for ischemic cardiomyopathy. Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences. 4. 69. 10.4103/jpcs.jpcs_38_18.
- Ramakumar, Venkatakrishnan Platelet Blockage: Prasugrel versus Ticagrelor: ISAR REACT 5 Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences. 5. 154. 10.4103/jpcs.jpcs_72_19.
Case Reports and Images
- Ramakumar V, et al. Isolated ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction of the Diagonal: Time to Think Lateral. JAMA Intern Med. 2021;181(7):983–984. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2021.1575
- Ramakumar V, et al. A Rare Sequence of Events in Acute Coronary Syndrome. JAMA Intern Med. Published online August 23, 2021. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2021.4016
- V Ramakumar, et al. Left ventricular non-compaction, European Heart Journal, Volume 42, Issue 24, 21 June 2021, Page 2398, https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehab099
- V Ramakumar et al. Mitral valvular nodules of acute rheumatic fever masquerading as intracardiac mass, september 2021, European Heart Journal. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehab638
- V Ramakumar et al. Vancomycin Induced Infusion Syndrome, BMJ 2021;374:n1788 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n1788
- V Ramakumar et al. A Child With Heart Failure and Bumpy Lesions on the Back, JAMA Cardiol. 2022;7(6):e220779. doi:10.1001/jamacardio.2022.0779
- V Ramakumar et al. Gingival hyperplasia associated with diltiazem BMJ 2021; 373 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n1131
- Ramakumar V, et al. A young man with acute heart failure and a holodiastolic murmur, Heart 2021;107:1288-1356.
- Ramakumar, V, et al. Chest pain and dyspnea in a young man. Echocardiography. 2021; echo.15161. https://doi.org/10.1111/echo.15161
- Ramakumar V, et al. Prominent Neck and Pinna Pulsations, J Am Coll Card Case Reports Volume 3, Issue 16, 2021; 1780-81
- Ramakumar V, et al. Reversible complete heart block due to hypercalcaemia, BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Jan 18;14(1):e238537. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2020-238537. PMID: 33462026; PMCID: PMC7813424.
- V Ramakumar et al. Late detection of a pacemaker malfunction. September 2021, Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 44(10) DOI: 10.1111/pace.14354
- Parashar N, Deepti S, Ramakumar V, Yadav R. An unexpected complication of intracardiac device implantation: Contralateral pneumothorax and pneumopericardium April 2019. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal 19(4) DOI: 10.1016/j.ipej.2019.04.001
- Ramakumar V et al, Effect of yoga on clinical outcomes and quality of life in patients with vasovagal syncope- a randomised control trial. May 2021 Journal of the American College of Cardiology 77(18):221 DOI: 10.1016/S0735-1097(21)01580-1 Abstract
International Conference Presentations
- A Rare Cause for Dyspnoea in a Young Woman- Clinical Case August 2021 European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress 2021– The Digital Experience, Barcelona, Spain (Virtual)
- Effect of Yoga on Clinical Outcomes and Quality of Life in Patients with Vasovagal Syncope-A Randomised Control Trial May 2021 Conference Paper: 70th Annual Scientific Session & Expo of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) 2021 (ACC 2021)– Oral Abstract Presentation Atlanta, Georgia (Virtual)
- Coronary stent infection: a systematic review. Presented at: Late Breaking Clinical Trials CRT 2023. Washington, DC
- Complications During PCI: Time to Think Outside the Tool Box- Oral Clinical Case presentation At EuroPCR 2023, Paris, France
Accepted works in process
- Cardiovascular Manifestations of COVID-19. Chapter, Clinical Manifestations of COVID-19, 1st Edition (2023)
- Aug, 2022- Current – Consultant Cardiologist, BLK MAX hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Jul, 2022- Jul, 2022 (Leave Vacancy) – Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
- Oct, 2021- Jun, 2022 – Junior Consultant, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai, India.
- Nov, 2020- Aug, 2021 – Post DM- Senior Resident- (Chief resident), Cardiology, Dept of Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
- July, 2017 – Oct, 2020 –DM Cardiology (Academic Senior Resident), Dept of Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
- Dec, 2016 – May, 2017 – Assistant Professor, General Medicine, Sri Satya Sai Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai, India.
- Jul, 2013 – Nov, 2016 – MD, General Medicine (Post Graduate), Madras Medical College, Chennai, India.
- Mar, 2010 – Mar, 2011 – Rotatory Internship, SRM Medical College, Tamil Nadu, India