Dr. Ramkiran Reddy Cherukuru
MBBS, MS, DNB (GI Surgery), MRCS (Edin), Liver Transplant Fellowship
HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation, Liver Disease & Transplantation, Trauma Centre and Care, Abdominal Trauma
Consultant, Abdominal Trauma, HPB Surgery and Liver TransplantationBook an Appointment
Dr. Ramkiran Cherukuru did his MBBS and general surgical training from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad. Following this, he completed DNB in surgical gastroenterology from Global Hospital, Hyderabad in May 2015. He passed the MRCS examination in 2012. He underwent Liver Transplant and HPB surgery fellowship training under Prof. Mohamed Rela.
- MBBS 2007, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India
- MS 2011, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India
- MRCS 2013, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- DNB (GI Surgery), 2015, Global Hospitals, Lakdikapul, Hyderabad, India
- PDF (Liver Transplantation) 2017, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai, India
Presentations and Publications
- Accepted for publication in Liver Transplantation: Feasibility and safety of Split Liver Transplantation in the Indian Context.
- Accepted for Publication in Annals of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery: “Vein resection in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma involving the head of the pancreas adherent to the Porto mesenteric venous axis is beneficial despite a high rate of R1 resection.”
- Paper presentation titled “Fifty splenorenal shunt surgeries without mortality” at APASICON state conference in 2011.
- Presented a poster titled “State of The Nation – Management of Acute Liver Failure in a Developing Country – Impact of the Advent of Liver Transplantation” at the International Liver Transplant Society meeting held in London in 2014.
- Presented a poster titled “Split Liver Transplantation is an Effective Option in LDLT Predominant Centres with Limited Availability of Deceased Donor Grafts” at the International Liver Transplant Society meeting held in Prague in 2017.
- “The role of subfascial ligation of perforator veins by Cockett and Dodd method in the management of perforator incompetence of lower limb veins” – Research Thesis submitted to Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences in the partial fulfillment for the award of the degree of MS (General Surgery) 2011
- “Donor outcomes after living donor liver transplantation” – Research Thesis submitted to the National Board of Examinations in partial fulfillment for the award of the degree of DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology) 2015