Dr. Pushparajan Sundarrajan
MBBS, DMRD, DNB
Interventional Radiology and Imaging Services
Visiting ConsultantBook an Appointment
He is a medical council of India (MCI) certified radiologist who obtained his diploma in radiodiagnosis in government Madurai medical college after MBBS. Later he also obtained his master degree Diplomat in national board in radiodiagnosis (DNB) from Kerala institute of Medical Science Trivandrum. He accomplished his post-doctoral fellowship in endovascular and interventional radiology from Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai. Since then he is working as an interventional radiologist in Dr. Rela Hospital, Chennai.
- MBBS 1999 – Thanjavur Medical college, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
- DMRD (Diploma in medical Radiodiagnosis) 2003 – Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
- DNB (Diplomate in National Board) 2010 – Kerala Institute of Medical Science (KIMS), Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- FRCR Pursuing FRCR- United Kingdom
- Post- doctoral fellowship (PDF) in endovascular and interventional Radiology Gleneagles Global Hospitals – A parkway pantai enterprises, Chennai.
- First prize in poster presentation – Kerala State IRIA conference 2008, Kerala.
- Third prize in quiz – RARE 2008. Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai.
- MDCT evaluation of sternal variations: Pictorial essay, Chary Duraikannu, Olma V Noronha, Pushparajan Sundarrajan IJRI, 2016
- cerebrotendinousxanthomatosis, Amit A Karandikar, S Pushparajan, Madhavan N Unni, R Srinivas, IJRI 2009
- Hepatobiliary interventional radiology procedures
- Gastrointestinal interventional radiology procedure
- Intravascular embolization in bleeding scenario
- Prostatic artery and uterine fibroid embolization
- Ablation – Radiofrequency ablation. Microwave ablation, laser ablation & alcohol ablation
- Sclerotherapy for varicose veins, lymphatic / vascular malformation / cyst
- Peripheral vascular interventional radiology procedures,
- Percutaneous procedures like FNAC, TRUCUT biopsy, PCN, antegrade ureteric stenting and various drainage procedures.
- Diagnostic radiology – Radiographs, fluoroscopy, ultrasound and Doppler, CT scan, MRI scan, PET –CT scan
- 2003 – 2006 Diagnostic centre affiliated to Amala Cancer Hospital, Thrissur, Kerala, India
- 2006 – 2008 Kerala Institute of Medical Science (KIMS), Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- 2008 – 2013 Travancore Medical College, Medicity, Kollam, Kerala, India
- 2013 Travancore Medical College, Medicity, Kollam, Kerala, India
- May 2013 – Oct 2014 VRR scans, Chennai, India
- Nov 2014 – Sep 2018 Gleneagles Global hospitals – A parkway pantai enterprises
- Oct 2018 – till now Dr. Rela Hospital, Chennai.