Dr. Prathiba Rajalakshmi
MBBS, MD, EDIR, FNB(Breast Imaging)
Interventional Radiology and Imaging Services
Senior Consultant - Radiology, Lead - Breast Imaging and InterventionsBook an Appointment
- More than 10 years post MD (Radio-diagnosis) experience
- MD in Radio-diagnosis from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Breast Imaging and Interventions (FNB) from Kovai Medical Center and Hospital, Coimbatore
- Excel in my work as radiologist with speciality training in Breast Imaging and to actively involve in clinical, academic and research activities
- My other areas of interest include abdominal and oncoimaging
- M.B.B.S – Government Stanley Medical College, 2008
- M.D. – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2011
- EDiR – European Board of Radiology, 2021
- Fellowship of National Board in Breast Imaging – National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences, 2022
Affiliations and Memberships
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Radiological and Imaging Association
- Breast Imaging Society of India
- Srinivasan K, Prathiba Rajalakshmi P, Daspin D, Sukanya. Systemic manifestations of Neurocutaneous syndromes. Chapter in “Comprehensive textbook of Clinical Radiology” from Elsevier- IRIA, Volume 1.
- Chahal A, Rajalakshmi P, Khan SA, Rastogi S, Srivastava DN, Gamanagatti S. CT-guided percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of osteoid osteoma: Our experience in 87 patients. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2017 Apr-Jun;27(2):207-215.
- Vasan S, Rajalakshmi P, Thulkar S. Imaging Case: NK/T-Cell Lymphoma, Nasal Type. Iran J Otorhinolaryngol. 2015 Nov;27(83):481.
- Rajalakshmi P, Vasan S, Hari S. Chronic abdominal pain in a young adult. Oman Med J. 2013 Mar;28(2):149-50. doi: 10.5001/omj.2013.40
- Rajalakshmi P, Srivastava DN, Rastogi S, Julka PK, Bhatnagar S, Gamanagatti S. Bipolar radiofrequency ablation of tibialchondroblastomas: A report of three cases. World J Radiol. 2012 Jul 28;4(7):335-40.
- Rajalakshmi PP, Gadodia A, Priyatharshini P. Middle interhemispheric variant of holoprosencephaly: A rare midline malformation. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2015 Jul-Sep;10(3):244- 6. doi: 10.4103/1817-1745.165678.
- Prathiba Rajalakshmi P, Srinivasan K. Gastrointestinal manifestations of Henoch-Schonlein purpura: A report of two cases. World J Radiol. 2015 Mar 28;7(3):66-9. R Sidhu Ganesh, P Prathiba Rajalakshmi, G Murugan.Duplication of Gall Bladder: A Case Report.
- SM Mohideen Fathima*, Kanakaraj, Prathiba Rajalakshmi. Ultrasound and MRI Findings in Invasive Molar Pregnancy.
- Radiological spectrum of Pseudoangiomatous Stromal Hyperplasia of Breast- A case series. Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging, April 2022.
Holistic breast imaging and interventions including
- Mammogram interpretation including Tomosynthesis and contrast enhanced mammography
- MRI Breast
- USG guided breast biopsy
- USG guided therapeutic and diagnostic aspiration of breast lesions
- Stereotactic and Tomosynthesis guided breast biopsy
- MRI guided breast biopsy
- Wire localisation of breast lesions
- Marker placement in breast lesions
Whole body imaging including non vascular interventions and cross sectional imaging
- Senior Resident at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi – February to July, 2012
- Junior Consultant at Global Hospitals and Health City, Chennai – July, 2012 to December, 2013
- Assistant Professor at Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital – February 2014 to June,2016
- Consultant Radiologist at Annai Arul Hospital, Chennai – August to December, 2016 and June 2018 and February, 2021
- Fellow in Breast Imaging at Kovai Medical Center and Hospital – February 2021 to February 2022
- Consultant Radiologist at Cancer Institute, Adyar – April 2022 to present