Dr. Jeyanthan Thandeswaran
MBBS, MD (Anesthesia)
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
Specialty Anesthesia - Lead ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. Jeyanthan Thandeswaran graduated from Raja Muthiah Medical College, Chidambaram and then spent one year working in General Medicine & Intensive Care Units. This provided him with a good understanding of the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions. He then undertook three years of teaching hospital-based structured basic & speciality training in anaesthesia and spent around 3 years as an Assistant Professor in Anaesthesiology and one year of private practice in Anaesthesia (Freelancing) and eight years as a Consultant Anaesthesiologist. This has provided him with a very good grounding in the various subspecialties of anaesthesia. Dr.Jeyanthan is experienced in providing high-quality anaesthetic care to a whole spectrum of patients.
- MD Anaesthesiology, Raja Muthiah Medical College, Chidambaram,2006.
- MBBS, Raja Muthiah Medical College, Chidambaram,2002.
Life Support And Resuscitation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), American Heart Association (AHA), Provider, 2014
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), American Heart Association (AHA), Instructor, 2014
Affiliations and Memberships
- Member of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists.
- Member of Indian Medical Association.
- Secretary of Rotary Club of Nagercoil
- Scientific Committee Chairman for KACE 2016 & Difficult Airway Workshop 2017
- Chairperson of CPR post-event analysis Committee, Jeyasekharan Medical Trust
- Secretary of Hospital Scientific Committee, Jeyasekharan Medical Trust
- Member of hospital Code Blue Committee, Jeyasekharan Medical Trust
- Member of hospital OT Committee, Jeyasekharan Medical Trust
- Member of Medical/Clinical Audit Committee, Jeyasekharan Medical Trust
- Member of Quality Improvement Committee, Jeyasekharan Medical Trust
- FentanyI-Oxygen-Nitrous Oxide-Halothane Sequence for puerperal sterilization.
- Guide for research of DNB Anaesthesiology Training Program.
- Use of cost-effective prophylactic ‘Rocket’ in infants undergoing primary cleft lip surgery: A retrospective cohort analysis
- Presented in many CMEs and Conferences.
- Consultant Anaesthesiologist (Transplant and Speciality Anaesthesia & Critical Care) June 2010 to March 2012, Global Hospitals, Chennai.
- Freelancing anaesthetist (Private Practice), June 2009 to June 2010
- Assistant Professor in Anaesthesiology, Chettinad Medical College & Research Institute, Kelambakkam, Tamilnadu.
- Registrar in Critical Care Medicine, November 2006 to October 2007, Lifeline Multispeciality Hospitals, Chennai.
Dr Jeyanthan has fifteen years of experience in anaesthesia. The wide experience has helped him gain the ability to provide high-quality anaesthetic care for
- Surgical specialities including Head and Neck, Vascular, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic, Endocrine and major colorectal and oncology resections, upper GI operations such as gastrectomy and gastric banding and emergency surgical procedures including laparotomies in grossly septic patients and major trauma.
- Orthopaedics including Joint replacement, Trauma, spine instrumentation and Pediatrics
- Urology including Endourology and Laparoscopy
- Organ transplantation – Renal and liver
- Neurosurgery- Trauma, Supratentorial and Infratentorial mass, Pituitary and Spine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Caesarean Section, Obstetric Emergencies, Laparoscopic Surgeries and Labour Analgesia.
- Cardiothoracic – Valve Replacement Surgeries, Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting, Pediatric Cardiac surgeries including ASD and VSD closure, PDA ligation, coarctation of aorta and intracardiac repair, pneumonectomy, lobectomy, tracheal reconstruction, and oesophagal surgeries
- Plastic surgery -Burns contracture release, cleft palate and lip surgeries, microvascular graft surgeries.
- Paediatric surgery including Neonatal surgical emergencies and FB removal
- ENT and Ophthalmology
- Effective use of thoracic epidural and invasive monitoring to aid perioperative care.
- Regional Blocks: I am proficient in using ultrasound for nerve blocks. I routinely use ultrasound to perform both upper limb and lower limb nerve blocks. I regularly teach this skill to junior trainees.
- Radiology – MRI, CT and Neuro Radiology
- Anaesthesia for ECT.
- Acute and Chronic Pain management.
- Surgical intensive care.
- Ambulatory anaesthesia
- Pre anaesthetic Clinic
Intensive Care Experience
Dr Jeyanthan has worked as a junior resident in Intensive Care Medicine. This period of training helped him acquire a wide experience in ICM in varied situations and the confidence to manage an intensive care unit as an on-call consultant.
- Detailed knowledge of the majority of conditions presenting to the Intensive Care
- Confidence in managing the initial resuscitation and stabilization of an acutely ill patients before transfer to an appropriate specialist centre
- Valuable experience in the assessment, diagnosis and management of critically ill patients and the organ support in single or multi-organ failure
- Confidence in the post-operative management of high-risk surgical patients
- Experience in inter-hospital transfer of intensive care patients and the care of the critically ill in a limited and restricted environment
- Insight into the end of life care and formulating clinical decisions concerning ethical and legal principle
Teaching And Training
- Faculty of DNB Anaesthesiology training program
- ACLS & BLS (American Heart Association) trainer