Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Specializes in Surgery of face, mouth, and jaws. It is an internationally recognized surgical specialty. Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon is regional specialist surgeon treating entire Craniomaxillo facial complex and anatomical area of the mouth, jaws, face and skull as well as associated structure.
This speciality attends to all dental emergencies like RTA (Road Traffic Accidents) and trauma due to assault, fall and sports injuries. At Rela Hospital, our team provides treatment for
- Maxillofacial trauma- Many individuals from RTA can fracture their facial bones. The lower jaw is most prone for fracture during injury. The other bones which can fracture are nasal bone, zygoma or cheek bone and upper jaw or maxilla. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons in joint with emergency physician and plastic surgeons can give you the first line of emergency treatment. It may include Airway maintenance, bleeding control, asepsis, tissue repair and reduction of fracture.
- Orthognathic surgery- Severe disproportion between upper and lower jaws are corrected by a procedure called orthognathic surgery where jaws can be pushed front or to the back to give a pleasing facial profile. Along-with orthognathic surgery, the patient also wear braces to correct the teeth alignment.
- Wisdom teeth & grossly decayed teeth removal – the wisdom teeth or the last molars which usually erupts after 18 yrs of age often get blocked inside the bone. The gums surrounding this tooth also swell and become painful causing a condition called pericoronitis. It requires tooth removal through incision and bone guttering. Oral surgeons at Rela Hospital offer the minimally invasive, less painful tooth removal procedures.
Treatment will be performed on the Craniomaxillofacial complex: Mouth, jaws, face, neck and skull.
- Head and neck Cancers: Micro vasular recontruction.
- Cancers operating head and neck
- Oral Cancers
- Salivary gland Cancers
- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancers
- Thyroid cancers
- Skull base tumors
- craniofacial surgery
- Pediatric Maxillofacial surgery
- Cleft lip palate repair , surgery for craniosyntosis
- Cranio maxillofacial trauma
- Dento alveolar surgery :
- Surgery to remove Impacted teeth
- Difficult tooth extraction
- Extraction for medically compromised patients
- Bone grafting
- Preprosthetic surgery
- Dental Implants and Maxillofacial Implants for attaching craniofacial prosthesis and bone anchored hearing aids.
- Cosmetic Surgery Of Head And Neck Facelift, Browlift, Blepharoplasty, Otoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, Cheek Augmentation, Chin Augmentation, Genioplasty, Neck Liposuction, Lip Enchancement, Injectable Cosmetic Treatments like Botox, Fillers, Platelet Rich Plasma, Stem Cells, Chemical Peel, Mesotherapy
- Orthognathic surgery deformaties and Sleep apnea.