Dr. Yayathee S
RN, RM, MSN, MSc (Counselling & Psychotherapy), PGD (Values in Health Care), Ph.D (Nursing – Psycho Oncology)
Consultant Psychotherapist & CounsellorBook an Appointment
Dr Yayathee S, Consultant Psychotherapist and Counsellor has 10 plus years of experience in the field of Counselling and Psychotherapy with specialization in Psycho Oncology and Multi Organ Transplant Psycho Social Care. Having both health care and psychology background he understands the psychosomatic issues of patients well and address’s them with ease.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Values in Healthcare
- PhD in Nursing (Psycho Oncology – Breast cancer)
- Received SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP GRANT from Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for pursuing PhD.
- Received ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FOR FIRST PHD HOLDER IN NURSING from Meenakshi University and First Alumni to Achieve PhD Nursing from Alumni Association of Meenakshi College of Nursing, Chennai.
- Certified Psychotherapist from Academy of Psychotherapists, Psychopathologists and Psychometricians in India.
- Certified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist from SDS Institute of Behavioral Sciences, Chennai
- Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming from Academy of Psychotherapists, Psychopathologists and Psychometricians in India
- Certified Facilitator for Values in HealthCare Spiritual Approach – VIHASA Program from Janki Foundation, Bramakumaris Spiritual Organisation, Mount Abu.
- Certificate of Training in Anxiety and Adjustment disorders in cancer clients, Depression and depressive disorders in cancer clients and distress management in cancer clients from International Psycho Oncology society and European School of Oncology
- Certificate of Training in “Communication Skills in Cancer Care” organized by Health psychology Department, IIT, Hyderabad in Collaboration with The Cancer Research and Relief Trust, and The International Psycho-Oncology Society Research & Publication Research Studies
- “Effectiveness of psycho educational interventions given by professional and peer volunteers on psychological problems and quality of life among cancer patients.”
- “Development and Validation of quality of life – Adolescent Menstrual Problems Questionnaire for Adolescents with Menstrual Problems – Indian Scenario”
- “Effectiveness of multimedia package on knowledge regarding parenting roles among the couples of rural and urban communities”
- “Qualitative study to Explore the Experiences of Couples of selected Urban and Rural areas who participated In a Parent Education Program”
- “Experiences of couples participation in a parent education program” in the 2nd International conference on “Mixed Methods research” organized by International Centre for Collaborative Research (ICCR), Omayal Achi College of Nursing, Chennai during 18.01.2012 to 20.01.2012.
- “Workload and Communications Issues in Oncology Nursing” at the “16th National and 3rdInternational Oncology Nursing Conference been held at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai during 13th to 15th of October 2014.
- “Informational needs and Anxiety among breast cancer clients” at the “State level Conference on “Non-Communicable Disease and its impact on Society” on 9th April 2015 Organized by MMM College of Health Sciences, Chennai.
- “Effect of Peer Support Training on Peer Confidence and Client Satisfaction” at the 4th International Conference on Theme “Nurse Facilitated Research – Building Capacity for Excellence” held between 28.01.2016 to 30.01.2016 organized by International Centre for Collaborative Research (ICCR) in Collaboration with University of Saskatchewan, Canada and Queen Margret University, Edinburgh.
- “Effect of Peer Supported Psycho Educational Interventions on Self Esteem among Breast Cancer Clients” at Nursing research Society of India, South Regional Conference held on 25.07.2016 at St. Xavier’s College of Nursing, Kanyakumari.
- Yayathee Subbarayalu, Kanchana.S , Effectiveness of multimedia package on knowledge regarding problems, parenting roles among couples of selected urban and rural community. The Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council Journal of Community Health Nursing, 1(1), 20-22, 2013
- Yayathee Subbarayalu., Susila Chandrasekaran, Kanchana Khan and T Santhanam, Informational needs and level of anxiety among breast cancer clients. International Journal of Comprehensive Nursing, 2(2), 1-5, 2015
- Yayathee Subbarayalu., Susila Chandrasekaran, Kanchana Khan and T Santhanam, Peer Support Program for Cancer Clients – South Indian Experience, Accepted for publication at South American Journal of Nursinghttp://www.eijasr.com/index.php/SAJON/index
- Handling of Psychosomatic disorders
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Therapies
- Multi – Organ Transplant Psychological Services
- Psycho oncology Services
- Management of Insomnia
- Management of Chronic Anxiety & Depression
- Chronic Disease Management Supportive Psychotherapy
- Deaddiction and Tobacco Cessation
- Training of peer volunteers on counseling skills to provide psychological support to the cancer clients.
- Training of health professionals on communication skills, stress management and counseling basics.
- Training of budding psychologist, social workers on cognitive behavior therapy and counselling skills