Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
MBBS, ABIM, AB. (Endocrinology, Diabetology & Metabolism)
Endocrinology and Diabetology
Senior ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran is a Senior Consultant in Endocrinology, Diabetology. She has completed her MBBS, ABIM, and AB in Endocrinology, Diabetology & Metabolism. Dr. Sruti has clinical expertise in the pituitary, adrenal and gonadal disorders with a special interest in transplant endocrinology and transgender medicine.
Senior consultant Endocrinologist and diabetologist, Chennai at Rela Institute of Medical science
- Times Health Excellence Award 2020 for Service Excellence in Diabetology
- Best fellow award from the University of Maryland: Awarded in June 2011.
- Gold medal and certificate of merit in Medicine and Rheumatology at Intercollegiate gold medal exam at Stanley medical college and Madras medical college.
- Gold medal in physiology, pathology, forensic medicine, ophthalmology, and Pediatrics.
- Certificate of merit in ENT, Surgery, Medicine, and OB.
- University gold medal for outstanding performance in medical school.
- Best graduating student award from KMC and the Alumni association.
- Best lady doctor award for 2000-2006 (awarded by TN medical council)
- Invited speaker in various forums across India and abroad
- Constrictive pericarditis in a patient with sinus venous atrial septal defect and anomalous right upper pulmonary venous return. Uppu, S, Chandrasekaran, S Mallula, K. Ann pediatr Cardiol 2009 jan-Jun;2 (1): 87-88.
- Dry beans and diabetes. Published for non-peer review newsletter by Bean Growers.
- Popular Diets: Which weight loss diet is best for Geriatric patients? Watson K, Chandrasekaran S, Steinle N. Clinical Geriatrics. 2012; 20(2): 25-31.
- Thyroid tumors of uncertain malignant potential with concurrent papillary thyroid cancer: A report of 2 patients. Chandrasekaran S, Munir, K. Thyroid Volume 21, Supplement 1, 2011.
- Levodopa-Carbidopa treatment and falsely high urinary dopamine levels. Chandrasekaran S, Streeten EA. Endocr Pract. 2013 Mar-Apr; 19(2): 377-8.
- Role of Lipotoxicity in Endothelial Dysfunction. Jeong K Montagnani, Chandrasekran S, Quon MJ.. Published in Heart Failure Clinics Oct 2012, Volume 8, and Number 4.
- Mechanisms for Food Polyphenols to Ameliorate Insulin Resistance and Endothelial Dysfunction: Implications for diabetes and its vascular complications. Munir KM, Chandrasekaran S, Gao F, Quon MJ.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Sep 15;305(6):E679-86. DOI: 10.1152/ajpendo.00377.2013. Epub 2013 Jul 30.
- Fractures on bisphosphonates in osteoporosis pseudoglioma syndrome ( OPPG). pQCT shows poor bone density and structure. Streeten EA, Ramirez S, Eliades M, Jaimungal S, Chandrasekaran S, Kathleen R, Holmes Morton D, Puffenberger EG, Herskovitz R, Leonard MB.Bone. 2015 Aug;77:17-23. DOI: 10.1016/j.bone.2015.04.007. Epub 2015 Apr 16.
- Management of anemia in patients with diabetic kidney disease. A consensus statement. Bajaj S, Makkar BM, Abichandani VK, Talwalkar PG, Saboo B, Srikanta SS, Das A, Chandrasekaran S, Krishnan PV, Shah A, Abraham G, Tikku P, Kumar S. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Mar-Apr;20(2):268-81. DOI: 10.4103/2230-8210.176348.
- Participated in a live chat show on Television, Thanthi TV, Sun TV, Puthuyugam, Sankara TV channels.
- Participated in a recorded chat show on Jaya TV.
- Participated in a patient awareness program in radio Mirchi, FM radio. 91.9 FM, Al India Radio
- Participated in Doctor Doctor show on Vijay TV (12/2014 and 7/2015)
- Pituitary, Adrenal disorder, and gonadal disorders.
- Special interest in Transplant endocrinology and Transgender medicine.
- 7/2012-11/2018: Consultant Endocrinologist at Global Hospital, Chennai. The global hospital is a tertiary care hospital in Chennai. She headed the endocrine department and managed endocrine inpatient and outpatient consults. She was also the Internal medicine teaching faculty and in charge of internal medicine training for physician assistant students who train at Global hospital, Chennai.
- 7/2012-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at Sree Vikas center for hormone health, Velachery. This is her private office where she sees patients with various endocrine-related disorders. This is predominantly an outpatient referral center for endocrinology.
- 7/2013-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at Adyar Cancer Institute. This is a very busy tertiary care cancer center in Chennai and she manages endocrinology and diabetes in a very complex set of malignancies and is also involved in managing various complex neuroendocrine disorders.
- 3/2018-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at IIT Madras where she consults once a week for endocrine-related disorders.