Dr. Sonal Gajbhiye
M.B.B.S, M.D Pediatrics, IFPCCM
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit
PICU - ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. Sonal Gajbhiye is an associate consultant in the department of paediatrics and has expertise in Pediatric Intensive Care, Advanced Trauma Life support and more. She is a member of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- M.B.B.S, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India, 2003- 2009.
- M.D. Paediatrics, Vilasrao Deshmukh Government Medical College, Latur, Maharashtra, India, 2011- 2014.
- IFPCCM, Apollo Children’s Hospital, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, 2017-2019.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Registered in Medical Council of India, Reg No 09/34507 on July 2009
- Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Dr Rela Hospital, Chennai, India.
- Study of incidence of congenital anomalies in neonates born at tertiary health care centre Med Pulse – International Medical Journal, ISSN: 2348-2516, EISSN: 2348- 1897, Volume 1, Issue 3, March 2014 pp 123-12
- Study of various antenatal factors associated with congenital anomalies in neonates born at tertiary health care centre International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology, ISSN 2277-2812 E-ISSN: 2249-8109 Volume 12, Issue 1, September 2014 pp 82-85)
- Study of congenital malformations in the central nervous system in new-born Indian journal of anatomy July-Sept 2014, vol 3, issue3 pp155-158
- Pediatric Advanced Life support (2018)
- Advanced Trauma Life support (2018)
- Central venous and arterial cannulation
- VASCATH insertion
- Nasotracheal and Endotracheal Intubation (Neonatal and Pediatric)
- Mechanical ventilation – basic and advanced ventilation
- Non-Invasive ventilation
- Transportation of critically ill patients (local and long transport- includes road and air transport)
- Point of care ultrasound in critical care- basic and advanced ultrasound including transcranial doppler, ocular ultrasound.
- Pleural tap, intercostal drainage insertion, peritoneal dialysis catheter
- Experience of ECMO, Renal replacement Therapy (all modalities).
- Experienced in post-transplant management of liver transplant, renal transplant, intestinal transplant, bone marrow transplant.
- Pleural tap, intercostal drainage insertion, peritoneal dialysis catheter insertion.
- Experience in ECMO, Renal replacement Therapy (all modalities).
- Experienced in post-transplant management of liver transplant, renal transplant, bone marrow transplant, small bowel transplant.
- FELLOW IN PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE (IFPCCM), Apollo Children’s Hospital Chennai, India, May 2017- June 2019.
- Senior Resident in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital, Sept 2014- Sept 2015.
- Assistant professor in Paediatrics and Neonatology, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, Oct 2015 – Feb 2016
- Senior registrar in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Paediatrics, Government Medical College, India, Sept 2014- Sept 2015.
- Post-Graduation in Paediatrics (MD Paediatrics), Government Medical College, Latur, Maharashtra, India. June 2011 – July 2014.
- Internship, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India, February 2008- January 2009.