Dr. C. Shanmugavelayutham
MBBS. MS (Gen. Surg), MCh (Vascular Surgery)
Visiting ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. Shanmugavelayutham is a senior assistant professor in the department of vascular surgery and has nearly 12 years of experience in teaching the undergraduate and the postgraduate department and also the super-speciality students. His clinical skills include conventional surgeries, endovascular surgeries, sclerotherapy. His other specialized skills comprise laparoscopy, upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and no-scalpel vasectomy.
- M.B.B.S, Madurai Medical College, Madurai, 1996-2000
- M.S General Surgery, Madras Medical College, Chennai, 2003-2006
- M.Ch Vascular Surgery, Madras Medical College, Chennai, 2012-2015
- Endovascular training at St.James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Other specialized pieces of training:
- Trained in laparoscopy
- Trained in Upper Gastro Intestinal endoscopy
- Trained in No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV)
- First prize in paper presentation at Vascular Society of Tamil Nadu conference VSTCON 2014.
- Paper presentation at VSICON 2013 – Iatrogenic Vascular Injuries a review
- Paper presentation at 14th Asia Pacific Conference in Non-Destructive Testing (APCNDT 2013) – Usefulness of Radio Frequency Ablation in treating Varicose Veins
- Paper presentation at 14th Asia Pacific Conference in Non-Destructive Testing (APCNDT 2013) – Usefulness of Ultrasound Doppler in Vascular Surgery practice
- Paper presentation at VSTCON 2014 – DVT Genetics and pharmacogenomics of warfarin
- Poster presentation at 3rd ENDOVASCULAR symposium 2014 – Pediatric Vascular Injuries
- Paper presentation at VSICON 2014 – Pediatric Vascular Injuries An appraisal
- An insight into pediatric vascular injuries.
- A study on acute appendicitis incorporating modified Alvarado score and ultrasonogram.
- Pediatric vascular injuries – 6 years analysis – PARIPEX Indian journal of research Volume-6 | Issue-9 | September-2017 | ISSN – 2250-1991 | IF : 5.761 | IC Value : 79.96
- Silent pulmonary embolism: incidence and risk factors in Indian patients with lower limb DVT – Int.J.Adv.Res.5 (4), 2135 – 2138 (IJAR).
- Outcome analysis of upper limb vascular trauma – our institutional experience – Int. J. Adv. Res. 6(4), 1067-1072
- The usefulness of Ultrasound Doppler in Vascular Surgery Practice – NDT.net issue Vol.19 No.2 (Feb 2014)
- Varicose Veins An Uncommon Presentation. – Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(6), 1568-1571(IJAR).
- Clinical examination lost art in medicine? : Diagnostic role of venous collaterals in determining proximal venous obstruction: – Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(4), 1029-1034. (AJAR).
- Abdominal aortic surgeries – aneurysms, occlusive diseases
- Peripheral vascular bypasses for extremity diseases
- Thoracic outlet decompression
- Carotid endarterectomy
- AV access procedures – AV fistula creation, AV graft, permanent catheter insertion, fistula salvage procedures
- Thromboembolectomy in acute limb ischemia
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis for acute/acute on chronic limb ischemia
- Peripheral angioplasties with stenting
- Endovascular aneurysm repair EVAR, TEVAR
- Sclerotherapy for Arteriovenous malformations
- IVC filter placement
- Endovenous treatment of varicose veins – Radiofrequency ablation, Laser ablation sclerotherapy
- Trendelenberg procedure, GSV stripping, stab avulsions
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis for DVT
Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
- Gleneagles Global Health City, Perumbakkam, Chennai
- COSH Multispeciality Hospital, IAF road, East Tambaram, Chennai
- Kumars Ortho and Multispeciality Hospital, Chromepet, Chennai
Previous Posts Held
- Assistant Professor, General Surgery, Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore
- Assistant Professor, General Surgery, Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpattu
- Senior Assistant Professor, General Surgery, Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpattu
Dr. Shanmugavelayutham has 12 years of experience in teaching Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Super Specialty medical students.