Dr. Sathya A.C
MBBS, MD, IDCCM, IFCCM, EDIC
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
Senior ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr Sathya has been a part of the critical care department across different hospitals and she was a registrar in the neurology department for a while. Her special interest lies in critical care infection and antibiotics, critical care ultrasound, trauma management. Dr. Sathya has presented numerous seminars and lectures. During her tenure as Assistant Professor at Sri Ramachandra Medical College, She was involved in taking lectures, case discussions and journal club meetings for IDCCM, IFCCM and DM candidates, apart from the training of nursing staff and allied health students.
- Bachelors in Medicine, Bachelors in Surgery (MBBS), Thanjavur Medical College and Hospital, 2005, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu.
- MD in Internal Medicine, Stanley Medical College and Hospital, 2011, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Bridging Programs/additional Qualifications
- Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM), Apollo Hospital, July 2014
- Indian Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine (IFCCM), Apollo Hospital, October 2016
- European Diploma in Intensive Care (EDIC), European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, April 2017
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), Federation of the Medical Royal Colleges, June 2018
- Assistant Professor, Critical care medicine, Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre & Research Institute, March 2017-July 2018
- Associate Consultant, Critical Care Medicine, Apollo Hospital, September 2014- November 2016
- Trainee in Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Apollo Hospital, April 2013- May 2014
- Registrar, Neurology, Global Hospital, July 2012- February 2013
- Registrar, Department of Medicine, Velammal Hospitals, December 2011- May 2012
- Assistant professor, Medicine, Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, July 2011- November 2011
- Junior Resident, Department of Medicine, Stanley Medical and Hospital, May 2008-May 2011
- Intern/house surgeon, Thanjavur Medical College and Hospital, November 2004 to November 2005
Dr Sathya has presented seminars, cases and journal clubs as per the academic roster during a junior residency at the Department of Medicine at Stanley Medical College, Chennai. She has also taken lectures and clinical case discussions for residents and undergraduates posted in the department of Medicine. Dr. Sathya has been actively involved in the teaching and training of nursing students/staff at Apollo Main Hospital, Chennai. During her tenure as Assistant Professor at Sri Ramachandra Medical College, she was involved in taking lectures, case discussions and journal club meetings for IDCCM, IFCCM and DM candidates, apart from the training of nursing staff and allied health students.