Dr. Sathish A
MBBS, MDRT, DNB
Cancer Centre, Radiation Oncology
Associate Consultant-Radiation OncologyBook an Appointment
- MBBS – Thanjavur Medical College And Hospital(The Tamil Nadu DR. M.G.R Medical University) – 2006-2011
- MDRT – Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology(Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences) – 2015-2018
- DNB(Radiotherapy) – NATBOARD-NEW DELHI – 2020
Affiliations and Memberships
- Lifetime Member of Association of Radiation oncologists of India (AROI) LM no: 2648
- 2nd Joint Karnataka and Maharashtra chapter AROI conference, August 2015, Mangalore, Karnataka.
- International Cancer Congress July 2016 held at Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- 38th Annual conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) 2016, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
- Indian Society of NueroOncology Conference(ISNOCON) March 2017 held at NIMHANS, Bangalore Karnataka.
- 2nd Indian Cancer Congress November 2017,Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 39th Annual conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India(AROI) 2017, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 33rd State Conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India(AROI-YNPY), October 2018, Cancer Institute(WIA),Adyar.
- Management of cervical cancer, CME conducted at KIDWAI MEMORIAL INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY, November 2018.
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM on Emerging Trends in Radiotherapy(ISETRT-2019) held at CMC VELLORE, March 2019
CME and Educational Courses Attended
- Pediatric Neuro Oncology, Joint KMIO -TMH CME 2015, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Conference-Precision in Toxicity Mitigation- Optimizing QOL in Oncology, July 2015 Apollo, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- National Symposium on Optically Stimulated Luminescence Dosimetry in Advanced Radiotherapy Practice September 2015, Kidwai, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 2nd BRINKER Awardee Breast Cancer Symposium, November 2015,Narayana Health City, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Teaching course on Clinical radiobiology for Radiation Oncologist, December 2015,Vydehi Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- “Update in GYNAEC-ONCOLOGY” Bangalore society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology KMIO, Feb 2016, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Education in Medical Physics symposium at Narayana Health City November 2016 Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 1st Professional Advancement Course organized by ICRO,Vydehi Institute of Oncology,November 2016, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- 38th Annual conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India(AROI) – ICRO CME program 2016, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
- 26th Indian college of Radiation oncology (ICRO) PG Teaching Course August 2017, JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- 1st INTERNATIONAL PROTON THERAPY Educational Programme otganised by PTCOG and Apollo Proton Cancer Centre, November 2018.
- CHRISTIE-TMC FRCR course held at Tata Medical Centre, Kolkata January 2020
- CADAVERIC BRACHYTHERAPY HANDS ON WORKSHOP in Head and Neck Cancers held at M.S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, February 2020.
- Effect of radiation therapy on lung function in carcinoma of breast patients – POSTER PRESENTATION INTERNATIONAL CANCER CONGRESS 2016.
- Effect of conventional fractionation versus hypofractionation on pulmonary function test in carcinoma of breast – E POSTER PRESENTATION AROI 2016 .
- Effect of conventional fractionation versus hypofractionation on pulmonary function test in carcinoma of breast – ORAL PRESENTATION AROI 2016.
- To study the impact of intra and inter-observer contouring variation in CNS High Grade Glioma on dosimetry of critical normal structures – POSTER PRESENTATION ISNOCON 2017.
- Dosimetric Analysis with different bladder filling protocol in high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy (HDR-ICBT) for cervical cancer: an institutional observation – PROFFERED PAPER PRESENTATION, INDIAN CANCER CONGRESS 2017.
- Naveen T, Khaleel I, Kashyap L, Goyal S, Govardhan HB, Sridhar P, Pramod KPR, Sarkar N, Sathish A. Patterns of failure in cases of carcinoma of esophagus treated with radical concurrent chemoradiation. Int J Med Res Rev 2016;4(5):747-750.doi: 10.17511/ijmrr.2016.i05.14.
- A.Sathish, H.B.Govardhan, T.Naveen, Siddana R Palled, Ibrahim Khaleel, P.Sridar,L.Nabiza Begum, Nivedita Sarkar. Effect of conventional fractionation versus hypofractionation on pulmonary function test in carcinoma of breast. Breast J Can Res Ther 2016;12,Suppl S2:3-13
Post Graduate Dissertation
Impact Of Dose Escalation In Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation In Advanced Colorectal Cancer.
- Head and neck carcinoma
- Gastrointestinal and breast carcinomas
- Resident MDRT – Kidwai Cancer Institute, Bangalore – May 2015 –June 2018
- Junior Consultant – Ashwin Cancer Care, Coimbatore – August 2018 – March 2019.
- Registrar – Apollo Cancer Institute, Chennai – April 2019 till now.
6 Years in Evaluation, Planning and Treatment of various malignancies and the managements of oncological emergencies and palliative care.
- Radiation Techniques
- 2D Radiotherapy Planning
- 3D Conformal Radiotherapy (3DCRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Volumetric Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (VMAT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
Brachytherapy – ICBT, ISBT, ILBT.
- Machine And Planning System
- Telecobalt: TH780C
- Linacs: DHX, DBX, UNIQUE, TRUE BEAM – VARIAN (ECLIPSE), ARTISTE(ONCENTRA), CYBERKNIFE, INFINITY-ELEKTA(MONACO)
- Brachytherapy: GAMMA MED (VARIAN)
- Simulators: 2D- PANACEA, 3D-PHILIPS CT SCANNER