Dr. S. Komalavalli
MBBS, MD, PDF (HPB and GI imaging)
Interventional Radiology and Imaging Services
ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. S. Komalavalli has 7 years of experience in the field of Medical Imaging. She has completed her Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Radiodiagnosis from Madras Medical College, Chennai. She then went on to pursue a Postdoctoral Fellow in HPB and GI imaging from Dr. Rela Hospital.
- Graduation (MBBS), Tirunelveli Medical College, 2003, Tirunelveli
- Post graduation – Diploma in Anaesthesiology, Madurai Medical College, 2006, Madurai
- MD(Radiodiagnosis), Madras Medical College, 2014, Chennai
- Fellowship In Diagnostic Hpb & Gi Radiology, Dr. Rela Hospital, 2019, Chennai
- MR sialography and conventional sialography in the salivary gland and duct pathologies. A comparative study. JEMDS 2016
- Diagnostic utility of ADC value of spleen in assessing the severity of portal hypertension in cirrhosis Jemds-vol.7/issue23/June 04, 2018.
- Role of 3D space and susceptibility weighted imaging in the evaluation of hydrocephalus and treatment-oriented refined classification of hydrocephalus. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2018 Oct-Dec; 28(4): 385–394.
- Adhesive capsulitis -MRI correlation with clinical stages and proposal of MRI staging. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2019 Jan-Mar; 29(1): 19–24.
- Uncommon presentation of a recurrent diaphragmatic hernia after pediatric liver transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2020 Dec;24(8):e13790.
- Unusual manifestations of abdominal melioidosis. Journal of global infectious diseases.
- Thread and streak sign in hepatocellular carcinoma. QJM.2020/27/11.
- Optimal diagnostic tool for surveillance of oesophageal varices during COVID-19 pandemic. Clinical radiology.2021.029.
- Special interest in Hepato-pancreaticobiliary and gastrointestinal imaging.
- Experience in liver transplant imaging including pretransplant donor and recipient workup, postoperative hepatic doppler.
- Experience in digital mammography.
- May 2015 to December 2018 Assistant professor in the department of radiology, Stanley Medical College, Chennai.
- Jan 2019 to Dec 2019 Post-Doctoral Fellow in HPB and GI imaging at Dr. Rela Hospital.
- Jan 2020 to till now, consultant in Dr. Rela Hospital.