Dr. Prahlad Yathiraj
MBBS, MD, DNB, MNAMS, Fellow of UICC
Cancer Centre, Radiation Oncology
Consultant - Radiation OncologyBook an Appointment
Dr. Prahlad is a Radiation Oncologist with a decade of experience in Oncology. After completing his M.D. from Madras Medical College, he went on to do his Senior Residency training at the prestigious Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai. Subsequently, he joined Kasturba Medical College at Manipal and worked as an Assistant Professor before moving to Chennai. During his MD, he also received additional training in the essentials of Palliative care as certified by the Indian Society of Palliative Care. In 2017, he was selected as a Fellow of the International Union for Cancer Control (F-UICC) and was deputed to the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA for training in Advanced Technology Use In Head And Neck Oncology. In the same year, he received membership to the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) at New Delhi and received the European Certification in Medical and Clinical Oncology (ECMO) issued by the European Society of Medical Oncology. In 2019, he received specialized training in planning Radiotherapy for Liver, Gallbladder and Pancreatic cancer from Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada. To date, he has four international paper presentations, 17 publications in peer-reviewed journals and three awards including Residents’ Quiz in Oncology and Best Poster. He is a lifetime member of several national and international oncology societies and is a frequent invitee at conferences as a speaker or as a panelist.
- Cleared the European Society of Medical Oncology examination on Sept. 9th 2017.
- Awarded Membership to National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in July 2017.
- Fellow of Union for International Cancer Control (F-UICC) March 2017. UICC Funded ‘Technology Transfer fellowship in Head and Neck cancers’ program supervised by Dr Avraham Eisbruch, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Certificate course on ‘Essentials in Palliative Care’ under Indian Academy of Palliative Care between November 2009 – January 2010.
- Winner of ‘AROI TN &Py’ chapter ‘Travel Fellowship Award’ in Oct 2012
- X-knife based Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- X-knife based Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- 4-dimensional gated Radiotherapy (4D-RT)
- Rapidarc based Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Conformal and Conventional Radiotherapy
- Palliative radiotherapy
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
- Breast Brachytherapy
- Gynaecological Cancer Brachytherapy
- Head and Neck Brachytherapy
- Sarcoma Brachytherapy
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Senior Resident, August 2012-May 2014
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Asst. Professor, May 2014-October 2017
- Rai Memorial Hospital, Chennai, October 2017-October 2018
- Dr. Rela Hospital, Chennai – Nov 2018 – till date