Dr. Piyush Bawane
MBBS, MD General Medicine, Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Gastroenterology
Consultant - Medical GastroenterologyBook an Appointment
A highly motivated and compassionate Gastroenterologist with experience in Interventional Therapeutic Gastroenterology and Endoscopic Ultrasound.
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Gastroenterology, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai: 2018
- MD General Medicine,Rajendra Institute Of Medical Sciences, Ranchi:2011.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Sawangi (M) Wardha. MUHS Nashik Maharashtra: 2007
- Original article titled “Chicago Classification normative metrics in healthy Indian cohort for a 16 channel water perfused high resolution esophageal manometry system” Neurogastroenetrology & Motility. 2018;e13386
- Original article titled “Does Chicago Classification address Symptom Correlation with High –resolution Esophageal Manometry?” Euroasian J HepatoGastroenetrol 2017,7(2):122-125
- Case Report titled “A rare cause of Gastrointestinal bleeding in post liver –transplant setting”. ClinExpHepatol 2017;3,4:215-217J Diabetol 2017;8:12-7
- Original article “ MulticenterSpectrum of Esophageal Motility Disorders in the Indian Subcontinent” International Journal of Innovative Research in Medical Science 2017;2,8/21
- Original article “Role of Colonoscopy in Differentiating Intestinal Tuberculosis fromCrohn`s Disease” J. Dig Endosc 2017;8:72-7
- “HREM pattern in patients with GERD, Compare with Healthy controls “- Annual conference of ISG TN Chapter. March 2018
- “Isolated Terminal Ileal mucosal changes- When Its Best indicated” – Annual conference of ISG TN Chapter. March 2018
- ”Endoscopic Pancreatic Necrosectomy” – Tamil Nadu Chapter: Indian society of Gastroenterology Monthly Meet: May 2016
- “Difficult Bile Duct Stones” – Tamil Nadu Chapter: Indian society of Gastroenterology monthly meet: Oct 2016.
- “Interesting case of Chronic Diarrhea” – Tamil Nadu Chapter: Indian society of Gastroenterology monthly meet: April 2017.
- “Identifying GE Junction during POEM” – Tamil Nadu Chapter: Indian societyof Gastroenterology monthly meet: June 2017.
- “Interesting case of PTLD” – Tamil Nadu Chapter: Indian society of Gastroenterology monthly meet: August 2017.
- Titled “Transition zone defects in GERD patients- Clinical implications and significance”- ISGCON 2017
- Titled “Prevalence of Cirrhosis related complications and their impact on survival” INASL 2017
- January 2020 International train the trainer course – Rela institute chennai
- January 2020 Single Theme Conference-HCC Current & Future
- September 2019 AIG Live Endoscopy workshop
- August 2018 INASL 26thMeet- Delhi
- July 2018 CME on SB Diseases Apollo Hosp Chennai
- March 2018 APASL 2018
- March 2018 Annual Conf Of ISG TN Chapter
- January 2018 AIG IBD Summit 2018
- December 2017 ISGCON –Bhubaneshwar
- December 2017 IILDS- 6thKolkata liver meeting
- October 2017 IBD Chennai 2017
- June 2017 INASL – 25th Annual meet Delhi
- February 2017 World Congress of GI Endoscopy
- January 2017 LiverAGE- 2017 Hyderabad
- January 2017 MCLD 2017 Chennai
- August 2016 Gastroenterology update, PG clinics, Lucknow
- July 2016 INASL 24th Meet– Delhi
- July 2016 Liver clinics, Chennai
- April 2016 IBD summit – Hyderabad
- March 2016 INASL Meet control of HCV in India– Lucknow
- February 2016 TN ISG Annual Meet, Trichy
- January 2016 MCLD – Chennai
- Evidence based management of gastrointestinal and liver diseases
- Proficient at diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy, EUS, GI Motility studies
- Experienced in pre and post liver transplant care
- Adept in quality assurance practices, academics and continuing education activities
- Patient and inter-personal communication