Dr. N. Rajesh Kar
MBBS, DMRT, Doctorate (Medical Radiation Oncology)
Cancer Centre, Radiation Oncology
Visiting Consultant- Radiation OncologistBook an Appointment
Dr. N. Rajesh Kar is a Radiation Oncology and Senior Consultant in Clinical Radiation has been treating cancer patients for more than 14 years. With his treatment, many patients have been able to achieve complete responses. Even patients with locally advanced diseases have entirely responded to his treatment. He has been working in the Oncology Department since 2007. He began his career treating cancer patients as an individual consultant and has treated more than 5000 cancer patients. Under the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Scheme, he has treated more than 1000 cancer patients free of cost in a private hospital, CBCC-Saveetha Dental College, Chennai. Even during a pandemic and lock-down, he continued radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment in a private hospital. He has many publications in national and international journals to his credit.
- MBBS, Perundurai Medical College and Hospital, 2004.
- Trained and completed palliative treatment short course in 2008.
- DMRT, Madras Medical College and Hospital, 2009.
- Doctorate, Medical Radiation Oncology, Saveetha University, 2020
- re-radiotherapy Haemoglobin Level is a Prognosticator in Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancers Treated with ConcurrentChemoradiation.Narayanaswamy RK, Potharaju M, Vaidhyswaran AN, Perumal K.J Clin Diagn Res. 2015 Jun;9(6):XC14-XC18. DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2015/11593.6102. Epub 2015 Jun 1. PMID: 26266202.
- Poster presentation at UAE Cancer congress 2016 at Dubai, Topic; to compare the DVH doses received with volume to heart and lung (V10-V50) in treating left chest wall post-operative breast carcinoma with 3DCRT Vs Field in Field technique using 6MV LINAC Abstract code:c83z7.
- ESMO Asia Singapore 2016 Annals of Oncology Title: Impact of pre-radiotherapy haemoglobin levels on treatment breaks in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma poster presentation original submission 376P
- ESMO Asia Singapore 2017 Annals of oncology Title: seven fields 3 Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy technique to spare critical organs in Head and Neck Carcinoma. Poster presentation original submission: #2018
- ESMO Asia Singapore 2018 annals of Oncology Title: Radiation dose to contralateral parotid during treatment of carcinoma buccal mucosa: Abstract 387P, Poster presentation original submission
- TAT Paris 2018 Annals of Oncology Title: To assess the Pain control and tolerance to drug-induced emesis in Oral and neck carcinoma patients undergoing Chemoradiation treated for pain relief with tapentadol vs tramadol plus paracetamol with and without anti-emetic Support.
Abstract for Poster Presentation
- Lower pretreatment haemoglobin status and treatment breaks in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma during concurrent chemo-radiation Narayanasamy RK, Muthusekar RM, Nagalingam SP, Thyagarajan S, Ramakrishnan B, Perumal K. Lower pretreatment haemoglobin status and treatment breaks in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma during concurrent chemo-radiation. Indian J Cancer 0;0:0. Received: 08-Oct-2018 Revised: 30-Jun-2019 Accepted: 12-Jul-2019 Published: 24-Nov-2020 Website: www.indianjcancer.com , DOI: 10.4103/ijc.IJC_656_18
- Dr Currently working on a paper in Radiation, chemo-radiation, palliative and supportive care.
Articles published in ARRTICON conference 2017
- To assess the quality of life of various cancer patients receiving Radiotherapy/Chemotherapy; Grace Leenu, N.Rajeshkar.
- To analyse the lung movements with EPID in post MRMpatients; J.Yuvaraj, N.Rajeshkar.
- Evolution of Radiotherapy; B.Moyalan, N.Rajeshkar • To analyse the contralateral parotid gland dose in treating carcinoma buccal mucosa with 3DCRT Vs IMRT; L.Logeswari, N.Rajeshkar
- External Beam Radiotherapy procedures
- 2D Technique
- Three Dimensional Conformal Radiation Technique
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Technique (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Technique (IGRT)
- Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS) (Brain lab, Cyberknife)
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT) (Brain lab, Cyberknife)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Technique (SBRT) (CyberKnife )
- Total Body Irradiation
- Intracavitary Brachytherapy
- Vaginal Brachytherapy
- Interstitial Implant Brachytherapy (in Prostate Carcinoma Tongue Carcinoma, BuccalCarcinoma and Sarcomas)
- Management of chemotherapy in solid tumours and concurrent chemo-radiation.
External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT) Machines
- Oncentra -Siemens
- Artiste -Siemens
- Oncor -Siemens
- True Beam -Varian
- Rapid Arc -Varian
- CyberKnife – Accuray
- Compact –Elekt
- Duty Medical Officer, Ayesha Hospital, 2004-2007, Chennai.
- Assistant Radiation Oncologist, Billroth Hospital, 2009-2010, Chennai.
- Senior Resident Radiation Oncologist, Apollo Speciality Hospital, 2010-2014, Chennai.
- Consultant Clinical & Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Rai-CBCC Oncology Centre, Saveetha Dental College Campus, 2014, Chennai.
- Director-Radiation Oncology and Senior Consultant Clinical Radiation Oncology, Dr. RAI-CBCC Oncology Centre, 2020.
- Kure Medical Center, Perambur, Chennai.