Dr. C. S. Mani
M.B.B.S, M.S Gen Surgery, M.Ch Surg. Oncology, FRCS
Cancer Centre, Surgical Oncology, Neuroendocrine Tumour
Visiting Consultant- Surgical OncologyBook an Appointment
- M.B.B.S, 1985-1991, University of Madras, Madras Medical College
- M.S Gen Surgery, 1991-1994 , TN Dr MGR Medical University, Coimbatore Medical College
- M.Ch Surg. Oncology, 1995-1997, TN Dr MGR Medical University, Cancer Institute (WIA)
- FRCS, 1997-98, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
Affiliations and Memberships
- Fellow – Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Member – Association of surgeons of India
- Member – Indian surgical oncology society
- Member – Ham Radio Club (VU2 MWY)
- Member – City Surgical Oncologist group
- Association of Surgeons of India meeting – Working committee – 1988 – Madras Medical College
- National Meet on Thyroid – Working committee – 1989 – Madras Medical College
- Southwest oncology meet UK – Co ordination group – 1998 – Cheltenham Gen. Hospital – Joint British Scandinavian
- Head and neck meet – Co ordination group – 1999 – Royal College of Physicians, London
- CISOW Head and neck workshop – Organizing Secretary – 2001 – Cancer Institute (WIA)
- Public Exhibition on Cancer – Golden Jubilee of Cancer Institute(WIA)- Organizing Secretary – 2004 – Cancer Institute (WIA)
- Onco Quiz – Conductor – 2005 – Cancer Institute (WIA)
- Onco Quiz – Conductor – 2006 – Cancer Institute (WIA)
- SHIGIKARA AWARD, 2014 – AFLA (Asian Federation of Laryngectomees Association)
- Grants: Principal investigator “Functional Role of nucleoli in cancer” 2012 TN. Dr. MGR Medical University INR: 1 lac
- Co-Principal Investigator “Community cancer biobank” 2013 Department of Science and Technology, Government of India INR: 30 croes.
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy for Oral cancer – Thesis – Coimbatore Medical College
- Experimental surgery laboratory – Microvascular Cancer Institute (WIA) – Undertook microvascular anastomosis training for 3 months.
- Wound Healing in Irradiated bed – Proposal Cancer Institute (WIA)
- Electronic medical Record – Cancer Institute (WIA) 2002–06
- Amplification systems for Electrolarynx – 2003-04 in association with IIT Madras
- Micro vascular surgery in rats – 2005-06 Principal Investigator
- Biochemistry. 2011 May 31;50(21):4521-36. Epub 2011 May 10.
- Signals and pathways regulating nucleolar retention of novel putative nucleolar GTPase NGP-1(GNL-2).
- Chennupati V, Datta D, Rao MR, Boddapati N, Kayasani M, Sankaranarayanan R, Mishra M, Seth P, Mani C, Mahalingam S.
- Validation of cancer institute quality of life questionnaire version II for cancer patients in India.
- Vidhubala E; Latha, Ravikannan R, Mani CS, Muthuvel R, Surendren V, John Paul FU.
- Indian J Cancer. 2011 Oct-Dec;48(4):500-6.
- Idiopathic granulomatous appendicitis: a rare appendicular pseudo tumor.
- Shivakumar P, Shanmugam RP, Mani CS.
- Trop Gastroenterol. 2010 Apr-Jun;31(2):130-1.
- Coping preferences of head and neck cancer patients – Indian context.
- Vidhubala E; Latha, Ravikannan R, Mani CS, Karthikesh M.
- Indian J Cancer. 2006 Jan-Mar;43(1):6-11.