Dr. N. Kamalakannan
MBBS, DA, MD(Anaesthesia), PDCC in Cardiac Anaesthesia
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia, Heart and Lung Transplantation, Cardiac Sciences
Consultant, Transplant Anesthesia & Intensive CareBook an Appointment
Gold medalist in MD Anesthesia * Tamilnadu Dr.MGR medical university rank holder with 13 years of cardiac experience
Expert in Transesophageal echocardiogram.
ECMO specialist- successfully weaned COVID pneumonia patient after 109 days of VV ECMO
Successfully managed LVAD Heartmate2 and HEART transplant patients
Worked with eminent , pioneer cardiothoracic surgeons Dr.M.R.Girinath & Dr. K.M.Cherian.
- Md – Tamilnadu Dr.m.g.r Medical University First.
- Dr. S.a. Kabir Proficiency Gold Medal.
- Dr. V.g. Appukutty Memorial Gold Medal.
- Prof. Dr. T. Srinivasan Endowment Cash Price
- Thanjavur Medical College Golden Jubilee Gold Medal.
- Winner Of State Conference Quiz 2008 Coimbatore.
- Vijayalakshmi Kamat award for paper presentation in chennai cardiac anesthesia update 2018
- ECMO specialist successfully weaned
- Covid pneumonia patient after 109 days of VV Ecmo
- Post liver transplant with cardiogenic shock 7 days of VA ECMO
- Child with viral myocarditis 7days of VV Ecmo
- Acquired Left Atrial Opacity journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia , 2016-08-01,volume 30.
- Transpharyngeal imaging with Transesophageal echocardiogram as an Adjunct for optimizing Retrograde cerebral perfusion journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia ,1/7/2017, volume 31
- Left pulmonary artery stenting causes ipsilateral pulmonary complications –Diagnostic dilemma. Journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia,1/2/2017,volume 31
Heart and Lung Transplant Anesthesist.
- 13 Years In Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- 2010-2013- Apollo Heart Institute, Greams road ,Chennai- Anesthetized more than 1000 CABG (off pump ) cases.
- 2013-2017 -National Heart Center Royal Hospital, Muscat- Anesthetized 500 CABG (on pump) cases & 500 paediatric complex cardiac surgery cases.
- 2017-2019- Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital, Chennai- Anesthetized 600 CABG (off pump) cases & 200 Minimal Invasive cardiac surgery cases.
- 2019- Frontier Lifeline Hospital, KM Cherian Heart Foundation, Chennai.