Dr. Kailash Sarathy
MBBS, M.S. (Orthopaedics), Fellowship Paediatric Orthopaedics (Mumbai, India), FIPO(POSI, India), FIPAO(NUH, Singapore)
Department Of Orthopaedics, Paediatric Orthopaedics
Visiting consultant - Paediatric OrthopedicsBook an Appointment
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS) – Govt. Chengalpattu Medical College and Hospital – Distinction (2006 to 2011)
- Masters in Surgery(M.S.Orthopaedics) in Orthopaedics & Traumatology – Madurai Medical College & Hospital and Trauma Care Centre, Madurai, India. – 1st Class. (2013 to 2016)
- Senior Speciality Registrar/Fellow in Paediatric Orthopaedics – B.J.Wadia Hospital for Children, Mumbai, India. – Jan 2017 – July 2017
- Junior Consulting Surgeon/Senior Clinical Fellow in Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics – Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital, Chennai, India. – August 2017- July 2018
- Consulting/Attending Surgeon in Dept. of Paediatric Orthopaedics – Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital, Chennai, India – August 2018- July 2019
- POSI-Kaye E Wilkins Paediatric Orthopaedics Inland Travelling Fellowship(6 weeks) – (POSI)Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India(KMC,Manipal and Sancheti Institute, Pune, India – 2019
- Clinical Fellow in Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Orthopaedics(Hip Preservation/Paediatric Sports) – National University Hospital and NUHS, Singapore. – August 2019- February 2020
- Consulting/Attending Surgeon in Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics – Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital, Rainbow Children Hospital, Chennai, India. – March 2020 – Present
Dissertation / Thesis
Analysis of functional outcome of distal third tibio-fibular fractures treated by tibial intramedullary interlocking nailing and fibular plating.
- “Subacute osteomyelitis mimicking bone tumors – a diagnostic trap” in OASISCON 2015, which won the best paper award in the TUMOR category.
- “Functional outcome of closed displaced metacarpal fractures treated by miniplates and screws – a prospective study” in IOACON 2015 held in Jaipur.
- “Atypical presentations of osteo-articular tuberculosis and their management” in TNOACON 2015 held in Salem.
- A poster presentation on “Isolated capitellar fracture fixed with headless screws – a case report” in TNOACON 2015 held in Salem.
- “Varying presentations on Giant Cell Tumor at rare sites and their management– a case series” in TNOACON 2016 held at OOTY.
- A poster presentation on “Modified Sofield Millar technique for deformity correction in Oateogenesis Imperfecta ” in TNOACON 2016 held at OOTY.
- Scientific oral presentation on “Distal femoral extension osteotomy and patellar tendon advancement in the management of crouch gait in children with cerebral palsy” in the Combined congress of APSS, APPOS and IFPOS 2017 held at Goa.
- Scientific oral presentation on “A comprehensive technique in the management of Congenital Pseudarthrosis of Tibia ” in the Combined congress of APSS, APPOS and IFPOS 2017 held at Goa, India.
- Scientific Oral presentation on “A new technique for the management of CPT” in IOACON 2017 held at Indore, India.
- Scientific Poster presentation titled “Functional and radiological outcomes of intra-medullary nailing and bisphosphonate therapy in children with Osteogenesis Imperfecta ” at IOACON 2017 held at Indore, India.
- Scientific medal paper presentation titled “Distal femur extension osteotomy with paediatric LCP and patellar tendon advancement for crouch correction in cerebral palsy” at the JOY PATANKAR GOLD MEDAL COMPETITION of IOACON 2017 held at Indore, India.
- Scientific best paper presentation titled “ Retrospective study of a new protocol in treating Congenital Pseudarthrosis of Tibia” at POSICON 2018 held at CMC, Vellore, India.
- Scientific Best paper presentation titled “Occipito-cervical Fusion in Morquio Disease ” at POSICON 2019 held in Mumbai.
- Gold medal for the best paper titled “Occipito-cervical Fusion procedure in Morquio Disease” at TNOACON 2019 held in Madurai.
- Published E-Journal under Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, “Modified Sofield-Millar Technique for Deformity Correction in Osteogenesis Imperfecta” in Feb 2016.
- A case report titled ‘A case of Keinbock’s disease with negative ulnar variance and its management – a rare case report’ accepted and published in IJRAMR, Nov 2016 issue.
- An original article titled ‘A comparative study between autologous blood injection and extensor tendon release for resistant tennis elbow cases’, published in IJPBS Jan 2017 edition.
- A case report titled ‘Closed Anterior dislocation of elbow with neurovascular injury and its management – a rare case report’ published in Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports Jan-Feb 2017.
- A case report titled ‘Fracture management in pyknodysostosis – a rare case report’, published in Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports, May-June 2017.
- A review article titled “Current concepts in the management of acute osteomyelitis and septic arthritis in children”, published in Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics, july-dec 2017 issue.
- A Potpourri titled “A review of important recent articles in paediatric orthopaedics” published in Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics Jan-June 2017 issue.
- An original article titled “Distal femoral extension osteotomy with 95 degree paediatric condylar lcp and patellar tendon advancement for correction of crouch gait in cerebral palsy”, published in the Indian Journal of Orthopaedics Jan-Feb 2019 issue.
- A review article titled “Clinical Examination is an important pillar in the management of children with cerebral palsy”, accepted, to be published in the Indian Journal of Orthopaedics Jan-Feb 2019 issue.
- A symposium on ‘Role Per-trochanteric Osteotomies in the management of slipped capital femoral epiphysis’, to be published in IJPO (International Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics).
- An original article titled “A study on the analysis of functional outcome of displaced distal third tibio-fibular fractures treated by fibula fixation and tibial interlocking nailing” in IOSR – JDMS (International Organisation of Scientific Research), accepted and published in Sep-Oct 2017 issue.
- An Original article titled “ Short Term Results of a New Comprehensive Protocol for the Management of Congenital Pseudarthrosis of tibia” in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics published in Nov-Dec 2019 edition.
- Original Article on “Assessment of Pedicle Screws in Uniplanar vs Multiplanar Spinal Deformities in Children” in North American Spine Society Journal in Jan 2021.
Current Research Work
- A study on functional outcomes of Occipito-cervical fusion in children with Morquio disease.
- A study on the surgical technique of Coxa-vara correction in Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
- A study on a minimally invasive technique in the management of Congenital Vertical Talus.
- Systematic Review on comparison of Acute and Gradual Correction in the surgical management of Blount’s Disease.
- Surgical Risks in Periacetabular Osteotomy – A cadaveric Study.
- Complex Paediatric trauma
- Paediatric Sports medicine
- Cerebral Palsy
- Limb Reconstruction
- Congenital Anomalies
- Hip Preservation Surgery
- Paediatric foot & ankle surgery.
- Worked under Prof. Dr. S. Shanmuganathan at AVSS Hospitals and Advanced Trauma Care Centre from April to July 2016 and focussed on deformity correction, joint replacement, as well as the treatment of complex and neglected trauma cases.
- Worked under Prof. Dr. R. Sivakumar, Past President of TNOA, at Preethi Hospitals and Research Institute for a duration of one month in July 2016. Specialised in Replacement Surgery, Paediatric spine and Paediatric Orthopaedics during this period.
- Served as a senior resident/registrar/fellow under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Vijay Narasimhan Reddy at Sri Balaji Medical College and Hospital for a duration of 6 months, spanning from August 2016 to January 2017. Specialised in Paediatric Trauma, Paediatric foot and ankle, and Ilizarov techniques during this tenure.
- Served as a Specialist Registrar/Fellow in the Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, under the mentorship of Dr. Rujuta Mehta, Dr. Alaric Aroojis, Dr. Dominic D’Silva, Dr. Manish Aggarwal, Dr. Arjun Dhawale, Dr. Sandeep Vaidya, and Dr. Mandar Agashe, from February 2017 to July 2017.
- Served as a Senior Fellow and as a Junior Consulting Surgeon in the Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics at Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital from August 2017 to July 2018 under the mentorship of Prof. Dr. K. Sriram and Dr. Vijay Sriram.
- Served as a Clinical Fellow in the Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Orthopaedics at the National University Hospital ( and NUHS), Singapore from August 2019 to February 2020, under the mentorship of Prof. Dr. Lee, Prof. Dr. James Hui, and Dr. Lim Kean Seng Andrew.
- Attending/Consulting Surgeon in the Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics at multiple institutions, including Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital, Rainbow Children Hospital, Parvathy Ortho Hospital, COSH, and Kumar’s Speciality Hospital in Chennai, since March 2020.