Dr. K. Srinivasan
MBBS, MD, PDCC, EDiR, DICRI
Interventional Radiology and Imaging Services
Senior Consultant and Clinical LeadBook an Appointment
Dr. K. Srinivasan has eleven years of experience in the field of Medical imaging. He completed his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Radiodiagnosis from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He then went on to pursue his Fellowship Training in Cardiac Imaging from National Heart Centre, Singapore. He completed his Post-Doctoral Fellow in Diagnostic Neuroradiology from Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum. Dr. K. Srinivasan is endowed with a passion for learning as evinced through demonstrated excellence in academic as well as extracurricular activities
- MBBS, Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, 2007, Salem.
- MD (Radiodiagnosis), AIIMS, 2011, New Delhi.
- PDCC (Diagnostic Neuroradiology), Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, 2014, Trivandrum.
- FRCR Part I (2016) and 2A (2021), Royal College of Radiology, London, UK.
- European Diploma in Radiology, awarded by European Board of Radiology, (2021)
- Diplomate in ICRI, awarded by Indian Radiological Association and Imaging, (2021)
- Srinivasan K, Bejoy Thomas, Dhaval Shah, Kannath et al. Quantification of diffusion and Anisotropy in Intracranial Epidermoids using DTI metrics and p:q tensor decomposition. Journal of Neuroradiology. 2016 Dec; 43(6):363-370.
- Srinivasan K, Ashu Seith Bhalla, Raju Sharma, Atin Kumar, Ajoy RoyChoudhury, Ongkila Bhutia. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging in the evaluation of odontogenic cysts and tumours. British Journal of Radiology. 2012 Oct; 85(1018):e864-70.
- Srinivasan K, Gadodia A, Atin Kumar, Shivanand Gamanagatti. Multidetector Computed Tomography of Spinal Trauma: A Pictorial Review. Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology. 2011Sep; 40(5): 181-190.
- Srinivasan K, Gadodia A, Bhalla AS, Choudhury AR, Bhutia O, Gupta A, Chatterjee P, Dinda AK. Magnetic resonance imaging of mandibular hemophilic pseudotumor associated with factor IX deficiency: report of a case with review of the literature. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011 Jun; 69(6):1683-90.
- Srinivasan K, Ashu Seith Bhalla, Gadodia A, Raju Sharma, Atin Kumar, Ajoy RoyChoudhury, Ongkila Bhutia. Evaluation of the inferior alveolar canal in cysts and tumours of the mandible – comparison of MDCT and 3D VIBE MR Sequence with curved MPR reconstructions. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012 Oct; 70(10):2327-32.
- Mukherjee A, Muthusami P, Mohimen A, K Srinivasan, Kesavadas C. Noncontrast Computed Tomography versus Computed Tomography Angiography Source Images for Predicting Final Infarct Size in Anterior Circulation Acute Ischemic Stroke: a Prospective Cohort Study. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2017 Feb; 26(2):339-346.
- Srinivasan K, Bejoy Thomas. Teaching NeuroImages- Optic Nerve Glioma with Perineural Arachnoid Gliomatosis in a patient with Neurofibromatosis-1. Neurology. 2015; 84 e97.
- Sridhar K, Srinivasan K. Diffusion tensor imaging and tractography in diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma – A major determinant of resectability and description of a new subtype. Neurol India. 2019 Jan-Feb;67(1):292-297
- Sham S, Ravikumar T, Nataraj P, Mukul Vij, Srinivasan K. Childhood polyarteritis nodosa presenting as central nervous system vasculitis. Indian J Rheumatol. 2019; 14:65-8.
- Srinivasan K, Prathiba P, Sanjay Thulkar. Imaging Case – NK/T-Cell Lymphoma, Nasal Type. Iranian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology, 2015 Nov; 27(83): 481.
- Prathiba P, Srinivasan K, Smriti Hari. Chronic low grade abdominal pain in a young adult. Oman Medical Journal (2013) Vol. 28, No. 2:149-150.
- Prathiba Rajalakshmi P, Srinivasan K. Gastrointestinal manifestations of Henoch-Schonlein purpura: A report of two cases. World J Radiol 2015; 7(3): 66-69.
- Dhaval Shah, Srinivasan K, Tejas Sakale et al. Diffusion restriction in Fulminant Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis: Report of an unusual finding. Neurol India. 2015 May-Jun; 63(3):452-6.
- Shankar A, Sripriya Srinivas, Srinivasan K. Turquoise sign: pyogenic liver abscess. Abdom Radiol. 2020 Jan; 45(1):232-233.
- Shankar A, Sripriya Srinivas, Srinivasan K. Icicle sign: autoimmune pancreatitis. Abdom Radiol. 2020 Jan; 45(1):245-246.
- Vignesh Kumar, Komala R, Srinivas S, Ravi R, Prabhakaran J, Srinivasan K, Piramen S. Unusual manifestations of Abdominal Melioidosis – A report of two cases. Accepted in Journal of Global Infectious Diseases.
- Shankar, A., Varadan, B., Kalyanasundaram, S. et al. Hypoechoic halo sign: liver metastases. Abdom Radiol (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-020-02841-8.
- Varadan, B., Shankar, A., Rajakumar, A, Srinivasan K, et al. Acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalitis in a COVID-19 patient—a case report with literature review. Neuroradiology (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00234-021-02667-1.
- Sivaramalingam S, Ethiraj D, Srinivas S, Kalyanasundaram S, Subbiah K, Varadan B. “Thread and streak sign in hepatocellular carcinoma”. QJM. 2020 Nov 27:hcaa317. doi: 10.1093/qjmed/hcaa317.
- Shankar A, Varadan B, Srinivas S, Cherukuru R, Kalyanasundaram S. Pseudosacculations in CT enterography: a diagnostic clue to Crohn’s disease. QJM. 2021 Jan 5:hcaa345. doi: 10.1093/qjmed/hcaa345.
- Shankar A, Varadan B, Ethiraj D, Sudarsanam H, Hakeem AR, Kalyanasundaram S. Systemic arterio-venous thrombosis in COVID-19: A pictorial review. World J Radiol. 2021 Jan 28;13(1):19-28. doi: 10.4329/wjr.v13.i1.19.
- Jothimani D, Danielraj S, Nallathambi B, Pandurangan B, Kalyanasundaram S, Subbiah K, Ramachandran H, Venugopal R, Dhas D, Rela M. Optimal diagnostic tool for surveillance of oesophageal varices during COVID-19 pandemic. Clin Radiol. 2021 Mar 18:S0009-9260(21)00167-7.
- Menon J, Shanmugam N, Patel K, Kalyanasundaram S, Kumar N, Rela M. Double Superior Vena Cava in Alagille Syndrome: Left is Not The Right Choice. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2021 Jun 1;72(6):e161.
- D. Jothimani, S. Danielraj, B. Nallathambi, B. Pandurangan, Srinivasan K, Komala S et al. Re: Optimal diagnostic tool for surveillance of oesophageal varices during COVID-19 pandemic. A reply, Clinical Radiology, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crad.2021.06.010.
- Kinisha Patel, Jagadeesh Menon, Naresh Shanmugam, Srinivasan K, Rela M. Tacrolimus induced Central Pontine Myelinosis in a pediatric liver transplant recipient. – Letter to Editor. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology. https:doi/10.1016/jceh.2021.07.011.
- Rajakumar A, Paulin S, Devarajan D, et al. An Unusual Presentation of Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome Following Liver Transplantation. Transplant Direct. 2022;8(2):e1269. Published 2022 Jan 5.
- Sudarsanam H, Ethiraj D, Govarthanan NK, Kalyanasundaram S, Chitra SA, Mohan S. COVID-19 Associated Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis with Normal Serum Amylase and Lipase Levels: Report of an Unusual Finding. Oman Med J. 2021;36(5):e304. Published 2021 Sep 30. doi:10.5001/omj.2021.129
- Special interest in Neuroradiology and Cardiac imaging
- Rich experience in advanced imaging modalities like Cardiac MRI, CT perfusion, MR perfusion, Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) and Functional MRI
- Experienced in both 1.5 and 3T MRI
- Conventional radiologic and fluoroscopic procedures like radiographs, IVP, MCU, Barium studies, HSG and T-tube Cholangiogram
- July 2011 to June 2012, Senior Resident, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- July 2012 to Dec 2013 Junior Consultant, Global Hospitals and Health City, Chennai.
- Jan 2014 to Dec 2014 Post-Doctoral Fellow in Neuroradiology, Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
- Feb 2015 to May 2015 Fellowship Training in Cardiac Imaging, National Heart Centre, Singapore
- July 2015 to July 2016 Junior Consultant, Apollo Specialty Cancer Hospitals, Chennai.
- August 2016 to Sep 2018 HOD and Consultant, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- September 2018 – present, Senior Consultant, Dr. Rela Hospital, Chennai.