Dr. K. R. Prasanna Kumar
MBBS, DND Radiotherapy
Cancer Centre, Radiation Oncology
Visiting Consultant- Radiation OncologistBook an Appointment
Dr. Prasanna Kumar is currently a visiting consultant in the radiation oncology department and has been in the oncology department for many years now. He was a school topper and had distinctions in the major subjects. Dr. Prasanna Kumar has presented a thesis on various topics such as Analysis of Acute Toxicities, Pathological Complete Response, Sphincter Preservation Rate of Pre-Operative Chemoradiation in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancers. He is a lifetime member of AROI.
DND Radiotherapy, Apollo Speciality Hospital, 2009-2012, Chennai.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR University, 2002-2008.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council, Chennai.
- Life Time member of AROI.
- School Topper Award, 10th standard, 1999
- Best Outgoing Student Award, 12th standard, 2002
- He has distinctions in majors like Biochemistry & Pharmacology, 2003 – 2005.
- THESIS: Analysis of Acute Toxicities, Pathological Complete Response, Sphincter Preservation Rate of Pre-Operative Chemoradiation in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancers.
- Vast Experience in Various External Beam Radiotherapy Techniques like 2D Conventional Radiotherapy, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, RAPIDARC, SRT, X-KNIFE SRS, CYBERKNIFE SRS, SBRT and Brachytherapy Techniques like Intracavitary, Intraluminal, Interstitial HDR Brachytherapy.
- Dr. Prasanna Kumar has experience with various treatment Machines like Primus, Oncor, Artiste, True Beam, Cyberknife, HDR microselectron, Gamma Medplus.
- He has worked with various planning systems like Oncentra, Eclipse, BRAINLAB, MimVista, and MultiplanCyberknife System.
- He has presented a paper at TN-PY AROI 2012 – Role of Cyberknife Radiosurgery in Choroidal Melanoma.
- Resident, Dept of Medicine and Neurosurgery, Apollo Speciality Hospital, 2008-2009, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Senior Resident, Apollo Speciality Hospital, 2012 – 2014, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Registrar, Apollo Speciality Hospital, 2014 – 2015, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- Junior Consultant, Radiation Oncologist, HCG Cancer Centre, 2015 – 2017, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
- Consultant, Radiation Oncologist, HCG Cancer Centre, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Senior Consultant, Radiation Oncologist, SIMS Hospital, Apollo Hospitals, Kauvery Hospital, Kamakshi Hospital, Part-time and Visiting, May 2021- Till Date Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.