Dr. Chandrasekaran Venkataraman
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), Diplomate NB (Nephrology), DM (Nephrology), Speciality Certificate in Nephrology
Department of Nephrology, Renal Sciences
Visiting Consultant NephrologistBook an Appointment
With over 22 years of experience, he has done around 375 kidney transplants including live donor kidney and deceased donor kidney transplants, 20 combined liver kidney transplants. His daily routine consists of inpatient rounds, attending to outpatient clinics and doing part-time research activities. He has catered around 160 maintenance hemodialysis patients doing around 1700-1800 hemodialysis sessions per month. He has provided critical care nephrology services – SLED, CRRT, Liver dialysis to the critically ill medical, surgical, acute and chronic liver disease and post liver transplant patients and performs all interventions like kidney biopsy, permcath insertion and percutaneous CAPD catheter insertion etc.
- The Federation of Royal College of Physicians and The Renal Association, UK, Speciality Certificate in Nephrology, 2018
- Madras Medical College, Chennai, DM (Nephrology), 2004
- National Board of Examination, New Delhi, Diplomate NB (Nephrology), 2001
- Madras Medical College, Chennai, MD (General Medicine), 1998
- Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur, MBBS, 1993
Won the FIRST PRIZE in MEDICINE QUIZ competition for postgraduates conducted by the API, Southern Chapter at IISC , Bangalore in 1996.
- OUTCOME OF ARF REQUIRING DIALYSIS. XXI Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology(Southern Chapter). February 17-18, 2001,Cochin, India at ISNSC 2001, Cochin.
- SHORT TERM OUTCOME OF DIABETIC KIDNEY TRANSPLANTS. Diabetes Asia 2001. February 18-19, Chennai, India.
- SPECTRUM OF RENAL DISEASES IN ELDERLY PATIENTS IN A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL IN SOUTH INDIA. XXIII Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology(Southern Chapter). February. 7–9, 2003, Coimbatore, India
- CENTRAL LINE ASSOCAITED BLOOD ATREAM INFECTION. Chennai,India.ISNSC 2012
- Preserving double equipoise in living donor liver‐kidney transplantation for primary hyperoxaluria type 1. Gomathy Narasimhan, Sanjay Govil, Rajesh Rajalingam, Chandrasekaran Venkataraman, Naresh P. Shanmugam , Mohamed Rela. Liver Transplantation ; 21:1324-1326, 2015
- Parathyroid Hormone and biochemical profile in chronic kidney disease patients in South India. Suresh Sankarasubbiyan, V. Chandrasekaran, Georgi Abraham, P. Soundarajan, G. Padma Hemodialysis International 2005; 9:62-66.
- Epidemic of chronic kidney disease in India : What can be done? Ram Prabahar M, Chandrasekarn V, Soundararajan. P.,Saudi J kidney disease and transplantation; 19(5):847-853, 2008.
- The risk factors and outcome of fungal peritonitis in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients. Indhumathi E, Chandrasekaran V, Jagadeswaran D, Varadarajan M, Abraham G, Soundararajan P. Indian J Med Microbiol 2009;27:59-61.
- Rhabdomyolysis as a presenting manifestation of primary HIV infection. Ram Prabahar. M, Manish Jain, Chandrasekaran. V, Indhumathi .E, SoundararajanP., Saudi j kidney disease and transplantation; 19(4):636-642, 2008.
- Renal tubular dysfunction with nephrocalcinosis in beta thalassemia minor – A case report. Ram Prabahar. M, Manish Jain, Chandrasekaran. V, Indhumathi .E, Soundararajan .P., Saudi j kidney disease and transplantation; 19(6):964-968, 2008.
- Ophthalmic Manifestations of systemic Infection following Renal Transplantation. Akalya Palanisamy, Beulah Edwin, Milly Mathew, Chandrasekaran V, Suresh S, Georgi Abraham, Soundarajan Periasamy. Jour of Renal Sciences 2001; 4(3): 36-38
- Clinical outcome of renal transplant recipients following use of different monoclonal antibodies. Milly Mathew, Georgi Abraham, V Chandrasekaran, Ajay Kumar R, Soundarajan P. Journal of Renal Sciences 2001; 4(3); 39-41.
- Cyclosporine withdrawal after kidney transplantation: How safe it is? Chandrasekaran V, Muthukumar T, Kansasamy S , Edwin Fernando M, Venkataraman R Manorajan R, Sreeedhar S, Jayakumar M. Transplantation Proceedings supplement December 2006; No.10S;vol 36:606S
- Fanconi Syndrome in Children: Clinical characteristics and treatment outcome. M Lakshmi, N Prahlad, M Vijayakumar, BR Nammalwar, R Prajnya, V Chandrasekaran Nephrology: Volume 10; supplement: A231.
Text Book Chapter(S)
- Hepatorenal Syndrome in Children:Diagnosis and Management. Sukanya Govindan, Chandrasekaran Venkataraman. Pediatric Liver Intensive Care; Editors: Naresh Shanmugham, Anil Dhawan. Pages 49-52.
- Combined Liver and Kidney Transplantation: Perioperative Management. Chaya Kelegari, Gomathy Narasimhan, Chandrasekaran Venkataraman. Pediatric Liver Intensive Care; Editors: Naresh Shanmugham, Anil Dhawan. Pages 113-119.
- Filarial Chyluria. Soundararajan P, Abraham G, Rajan RP, Chandrasekaran V. XVth International Congress of Nephrology. 1999, Absract165; P42.
- Calorie and protein intake in chronic hemodialysis patients. S Sankarasubbiyan, V Chandrasekaran, P Soundararajan, G Abraham, Haripriya, G Padma ISNCON Mumbai, November, 2000
- Hyperparathyroidism and bone mineral density in chronic dialysis patients. S Sankarasubbaiyan, V Chandrasekaran, G Abraham, P Soundararajan. ISNCON Mumbai, November, 2000
- Out come in renal transplant recipients following use of different monoclonal antibodies. M Mathew, G Abraham, Soundararajan P, Suresh S, Chandrasekar V. ISNCON Mumbai, November, 2000
- Out come of acute renal failure requiring dialysis. Chandrasekaran V, Abraham G, Padma G, Karthika V, Thiyagarajan T, Jaishree, Soundararajan P, Suresh S. XXI Annual Meeting of ISN – SC, Cochin, Feb 2001.
- Experience with IL-2 receptor antibody in renal transplantation. Milly Mathew, Chandrasekharan V, Suresh Sankar, Soundarajan Periyasamy, Abraham G. XXI Annual Meeting of ISN – SC, Cochin, Feb 2001.
- Interdialytic weigh gain and related complication in chronic dialysis patients. Chandrasekaran V, Abraham G,Padma G, Joypriya J, Perambalam P, Kalpana K, Soundararajan P, Suresh S. XXI Annual Meeting of ISN – SC, Cochin, Feb 2001.
- Utility and outcome of peritoneal dialysis at a tertiary care centre in India. G.Abraham, P Soundarajan, S Sankarasubbaiyan, G.Padma, V.Chandrasekaran,M Mathew Abstract of the IX congress of the ISPD 2001;21 (2) Perit Dial Int. P.S62.
- Noninfectious complications in chronic peritoneal dialysis patients. Padma, Sankarasubbaiyan S, Mathew M, Soundarajan P, Chandrasekaran V, Abraham G Vth Annual Conference of Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India 2001; 38: P.7
- Spectrum of Renal Diseases in elderly patients in a tertiary care hospital in South India. Chandrasekaran V, Edwin Fernando M, Kandasamy S, Jayakumar M. ISNCON 2002,33rd Annual Conference of ISN, Jaipur; abstract P.97
- Plasma leptin concentration in ESRD patients during the pre and early post-transplant period.Kumar P,Indumathi, Ramalakshmi, Chandrasekaran V, Abraham G, Soundararajan P;. ISNCON, Cochin, December 2005; 81: RTP19.
- Increased Azathioprine and Prednisolone dosage results in more complications during a planned withdrawal of Cyclosporine. Chandrasekaran V, Muthukumar T, Balaraman V, Edwin Fernando M, Venkataraman R, Manorajan R, Sreeedhar S, Jayakumar M Nephro Con: ISNSC – XXIV Annual Conference, Mangalore, February 2004; abstract.
- Cyclosporine withdrawal after kidney transplantation: How safe it is? Chandrasekaran V, Muthukumar T, Kansasamy S, Edwin Fernando M, Venkataraman R, Manorajan R, Sreeedhar S, Jayakumar M. Transplant Asia 2004, Singapore.
- Fanconi Syndrome in Children: Clinical characteristics and treatment outcome. M Lakshmi, N Prahlad, M Vijayakumar, BR Nammalwar, R Prajnya, V Chandrasekaran. 3rd World Congress of Nephrology, June 2005, Singapore.
Transplantation, Critical care Nephrology, AKI.
- Sr. Consultant Nephrologist & HOD, Gleneagles Global Health City, Perumbakkam, Chennai
- Sr. Consultant Nephrologist, Billroth Hospitals, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai
- Associate professor of Nephrology, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, India
- Consultant in Nephrology, Billroth Hospital, RA Puram (Chennai Kaliappa), Chennai, India
- Registrar in Nephrology, Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
- Assistant Professor of Medicine in Nephrology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Hospital , Research Institute (Deemed University), Chennai, India
- Junior consultant in Medicine, Chennai Kaliappa Hospital, Chennai, India
- Registrar in General Medicine, Madras Medical College, Chennai, India