Dr. Bhuminathan Swamikannu
MDS., MFDS(RCPS, Glasgow) PhD
Visiting ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. Bhuminathan Swamikannu is a master degree holder in Dental Surgery and is trained in General Dentistry and Oral Implantology from the USA. He has published numerous papers on dentistry.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Sree Balaji Dental College & Hospital, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, 2000
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Prosthodontics, Crown and Bridge, Saveetha Dental College & Hospital, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, 2003
- Fellowship training in Implantology and All on four implants, Noble Biocare, Apollo Hospitals,2006
- Internship Training in General Dentistry and Oral Implantology, University of Missouri, Kansas City, United States of America (USA), 2009
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Diabetes Mellitus influence on Oral diseases and ameliorating effects of vitamins, Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, 2011
- MFDS, RCPS, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, 2015
Editorial Work and Reviewer
- Poster presentation on TWIN FLEX CLASP-An Esthetic Alternative. achieved the first prize for a poster presentation at 28″ Indian prosthodontic Society Conference held at Chandigarh, Punjab.
- Paper presentation on the Functionally Generated path in Fixed partial Prosthodontics at 19″ Tamil Nadu State Dental Conference Chennai., Tamil Nadu.
- Poster presentation on FGP-Clinical wax-up procedure at 19″ Tamil Nadu State Dental Conference, Chennai. Tamilnadu and achieved the second position.
- Poster presentation on functionally generated path-for full month rehabilitation at 29″ Indian Prosthodontic Society Conference, Hyderabad, 2001.
- Poster Presentations “PROSTHODONTISTS ROLE IN Esthetics at 11″‘ IAACD, Indian Academy of Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dentistry Conference held at Chennai.
- Prevalence of group a Streptococcal infection among healthy school children in Chennai, Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development 9(7), PP. 291-293 – 2018. search
- Implant insertion torque load analysis for mandible using CBCT images, World Journal of Dentistry 8(3), PP.183-189 – 2017.
- Dental implant insertion torque and bone density – Short review, biomedical and Pharmacology Journal 10(3), PP.1305-1309 – 2017
- Dental implant site preparation – A review open access, Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal 10(3), PP.1301-1304 – 2017.
- Dental implants in patients with Osteoporosis – A review of open access, Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal 10(3), PP.1415-1418 – 2017.
- Rapid prototyping and stereolithography in dentistry Journal of pharmacy & bio allied sciences 7 (Suppl 1), S216 3 2015
- Combination restoration in full mouth rehabilitation Journal of pharmacy & bio allied sciences 7 (Suppl 1), S288 2015
- Analysis of the curve of Spee and the curve of Wilson in adult Indian Population: A three – dimensional measurement – study open access, Journal of India prosthodontist Society 16(4), PP.335-339 – 2016.
- Relationship between occlusal plane and ala-tragus line in dentate individuals: A Clinical pilot study Journal of pharmacy & bio allied sciences 7 (Suppl 1), S95 2015
- Comparative evaluation of the three different surface treatments conventional, laser and Nanotechnology methods in enhancing the surface characteristics of commercially pure titanium discs and their effects on cell adhesion: An in vitro study Journal of pharmacy & Bio allied sciences 7 (Suppl 1), S87 2015
- Primary Failure of Eruption-A Case Report with Cone Beam Computerized Tomographic Imaging Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 8 (4), ZD14 1 2014
- Restoration of anterior facial cortical bone defect with grafts and placement of immediate implants for restoring facial esthetics: A success story Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 4 (3), 993 2014
- Die Materials and Techniques: PART II Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 4 (3) 2014
- Restoration of Anterior Facial Cortical Bone Defect with Grafts and Placement of Immediate Implants for Restoring Facial Esthetics: A Success Story. Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 4 (3) 2014
- Upsurge of nanotechnology in dentistry and dental implants Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 1 (5) 2 2011
- Comparative study on 7 and 14 days stored post stained sputum smears with conventional a direct smear of acid-fast bacilli PBS journal of pure and applied microbiology 8 (1), 771 – 777 2014 16. Curcumin action against pre-cancerous lesions SBR international journal of pharma and bioscience 5 (2), 366-369 2014
- Herbs Used in Dentistry SBBT Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal 7 (1), 213 – 214 2014
- Impression Technique in Implantology: A Review RSVJ Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 5 (2), 1934 2014
- Combination Syndrome – A Review Bioscience, Biotechnology Research Asia 11 (1), 151 – 154 2014
- Heterozygous lle453 Val codon mutation in exon 7, homozygous single nucleotide polymorphisms in intron 2 and 5 of cathepsin C are associated with Haim-Munk syndrome European Journal of dentistry 8 (1), 79 1 2014
- A newer technique to program a semi-adjustable articulator Journal of pharmacy & Bio allied sciences 6 (Suppl 1), S135 2014
- Improving facial esthetics with Andrew’s bridge: a clinical report Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 4 (1), 884-887 2014
- Surface Bond Strength in Nickel-Based Alloys The Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society 13 (4), 551-554 2013
- IMPROVING FACIAL ESTHETICS WITH AN ANDREW’S BRIDGE: A CLINICAL REPORT. Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 4 (1) 2013 awareness
- Edentulism and public awareness- An epidemiological Study Biomedical & Pharmacology Journal 6 (1), 77 – 81 2013
- Comprehensive mutation analysis of PIK3CA, P14ARF, p16INK4a and p21 Wafi/Cipla genes are suggestive of a non-neoplastic nature of phenytoin induced gingival overgrowth. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention: APJCP 14 (5), 2743-2746 2012
- Top 5 Innovations that will change the face of Dentistry in this decade Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 2 (4) 2012
- Primary failure of eruption – an insight on the causes, failure and management Journal of applied medicine and surgery 1 (1) 2011
- oral rehabilitation of a patient with primary failure of tooth eruption JIDAT 2011
- Influence of Type II Diabetes mellitus on Denture stomatitis Bioscience, Biotechnology Research Asia 8 (1), 301 – 305 2011
- Full mouth rehabilitation of a patient with severely attrited dentition Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Dentistry 1 (3), 157 5 2011
- Thermographic Analysis of Completely Edentulous Patients with and Without Complete Dentures-A Clinical Pilot Study
- Cigarette Smoking Induced Oxidative Stress in Human
- Comparative Study on the Effect of Serum and Plasma on Glucose and Cholesterol ma on Estimation, Biosciences Biotechnology Research Asia 11(1), PP.359-363 – 2014
- Effect of Megaloblastic Anemia in Pregnant and Aged Women