Dr. B. Balaji
MBBS, DA, DNB
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Liver Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Anaesthesia & Critical Care, Liver Disease & Transplantation
Senior ConsultantBook an Appointment
- Dr. Balaji is a consultant at our hospital. He has performed more than 4000 intubations including fibre optic and nasal intubation and has performed more than 500 LMA insertions which forms the basic training in any difficult airway management.
- He is capable of placing a central venous catheter through the internal jugular vein, the subclavian vein and the femoral vein and so far has placed more than 2000 Central venous catheters and performed more than 100 cases of USG guided central venous catheters in pediatric age group ranging from 1 month old to 12 years.
- He has placed more than 100 arterial catheters in radial, femoral arteries and has placed pulmonary artery catheters so far about 3 times under supervision for cardiac surgeries.
- He is very good in performing regional blocks and has undertaken a lot of cases under spinal, epidural, brachial and other blocks with very high success rate. He is very good at USG guided nerve blocks and has performed more than 750 upper limb nerve blocks and 500 lower limb nerve blocks.
- Regional anesthesia in pediatrics is a challenging task and he has done more than 200 cases of spinal anesthesia in children. He has also done surgeries for new born children under spinal anesthesia. He is also good at pediatric epidurals and performed about 50 surgeries in children under epidural anesthesia
- He has used fiberoptic bronchoscopy for performing intubation in both normal and difficult to intubate patients and also for diagnostic purposes in ICU patients.So far,he has done more than 75 fibreoptic intubations in patients with difficult airways.
- He got trained in ventilator management with a good knowledge of various modes of ventilation and troubleshooting of problems.He has managed patients with difficult lung conditions like ARDS, FES, COPD, CAP, HAP, VAP etc.
- Intensive respiratory care unit in GRH, Madurai provides comprehensive training in critical care medicine.He has three months work experience in management of varieties of cases in IRCU which includes, ALI/ARDS, Septic shock, Blunt Trauma Chest, OPC poisoning, Snake bite, critically ill postoperative patients and medical emergencies. Post DIPLOMA He has been covering the ICU of KMC Speciality hospital, a part of KMC hospital for 20 months.
Affiliations and Memberships
- MBBS 2003, Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
- DA 2007, Madurai Medical College, Madurai
- DNB (Anesthesiology) 2011, Kavery Medical Centre And Hospital, Trichy