Dr. Arul Kumar S
MBBS, MS in General Surgery, Fellowship in HPB Surgery, Fellow in Liver transplantation.
HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation
Associate Consultant- HPB Surgery and Liver TransplantationBook an Appointment
Dr. Arul Kumar has completed MBBS, MS in General Surgery from Dr. MGR Medical University. He has also completed fellowship in HPB Surgery and Liver transplantation. Presently working as an Associate Consultant in the department of Liver transplantation and HPB Surgery under Prof. Rela.
- M.B.B.S, Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Madras Medical College Chennai, July 2002 – March 2008.
- M.S. General Surgery, Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Govt. Stanley medical college Chennai, April 2008 – May 2011.
- Fellowship in HPB Surgery, Christian medical college Vellore, July 2014 – July 2016.
- Fellowship in Liver transplantation at Gleneagles Global hospital Chennai under Prof Rela, August 2017-August 2018
Associate Consultant in Department of HPB Surgery and Liver transplantation Rela Hospital, Chennai, August 2018 – till now.
- Awardee of the Dr. Ashok Kumar Inter college Gold medal in Surgical Gastroenterology for M.S. postgraduates in Govt. Stanley medical college, Chennai.
- Awardee of the Inter College Gold medal in Rheumatology for undergraduates conducted by the Department of Rheumatology, Madras medical college, Chennai.
- Best poster presentation at Tamilnadu and Pondicherry chapter of ASI conference in Chennai – 2008.
- Best poster presentation at Salem ASI chapter meet in Salem – 2009.
- Hilar cholangiocarcinoma / complex liver resections
- Live donor liver transplantation
- HPB Radiology
- Trainee in Laparoscopic surgery, GEM hospital and research institute, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, July 2011 – August 2012.
- Consultant General Surgeon, Sacred Heart Mission hospital, Irinjalakuda, Thrissur, Kerala, September 2012 – September 2013.
- Senior Resident, Department of HPB Surgery Christian medical college, Vellore, July 2016 – July 2017.