Dr Vasantharaja Ramasamy
M.B.B.S., M.S. General Surgery., M.Ch. Urology., FUORS (Fellowship in Uro-Oncology and Robotic Surgery)
Urology, Renal Sciences
Associate Consultant – Urology, Uro-Oncology & Robotic SurgeryBook an Appointment
Dr. Vasantharaja Ramasamy with 13 years of experience in the medical field in various medical colleges and hospitals across India graduated with MCh Urology from Government Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala University, India. He was a certified Da Vinci robotic console surgeon by Intuitive surgical after the successful completion of their equivalency program in 2021. He got certified as a renal transplant surgeon (live as well as cadaveric) from Government Medical College, Trivandrum under Kerala University, India in 2019. He completed his Fellowship in Uro-oncology and Robotic surgery (FUORS) and the degree was awarded by the prestigious Vattikuti Foundation, the USA who are the pioneers in the field of Robotic surgery.
- Pondicherry University, MBBS, 2008
- Government Medical College, Calicut, Post Graduation (MS), 2015
- European School of Urology (ESU), Certified in European Basic Laparoscopic Urological Skills,2019
- University second overall in the MCh exit examinations
- He got certified as a renal transplant surgeon (live as well as cadaveric) from Government Medical College, Trivandrum
- He successfully completed his Fellowship in Uro-oncology and Robotic surgery (FUORS) and the degree was awarded by the prestigious Vattikuti Foundation, USA (pioneers in the field of Robotic surgery)
- He had won several prizes in various quiz competitions and paper presentations across India.
- He was awarded the Urological Society of India (USI) Travel Fellowship for the year 2018.
- Vasantharaja R, Sreejayan MP. Early postoperative morbidity pattern of Lichtenstein hernioplasty under local anaesthesia. J Med Res Pract 2017; 6:28-33.
- Kamalakshi MM, Ramasamy V, Sadasivan D, Raveendran S, Paramasivam S, Ganapathy V. “Comparison of standard and tubeless percutaneous nephrolithotomy for renal calculi: a prospective randomized control trial”. Int J Clin Trials 2019;6(4):185-90.
- Thakur, A.P.S., Sharma, V., Ramasamy, V. et al. “Management of ureteric stone in pregnancy: a review”. Afr J Urol 26, 60 (2020).
- Thakur, A.P.S., Sadasivan, D., Sharma, V., Ramasamy, V. et al “Role of microsurgical varicocelectomy in the management of non-obstructive azoospermia with varicocele: our tertiary care centre experience”. Afr J Urol 26, 56 (2020).
- Sharma, V., Thakur, A.P.S., Ramasamy, V. et al. “Complications of intravesical BCG therapy in non-muscle invasive bladder cancer: our tertiary care centre experience”. Afr J Urol 26, 90 (2020).
- Manu MK, Darsan S, Vasantharaja R, et al. “Clinical outcome of renal calculi patients undergoing extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy with and without DJ stent”. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2019; 6(38), 2569- 2573
- Venugopal G, Manu MK, Vasantharaja R et al. “A Comparative Study between Retroperitoneoscopic and Open Dismembered Pyeloplasty in the Management of Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction”. JMSCR 2017: 5(8);26041-47
- Venugopal G, Manu MK, Avinash T, Vasantharaja R. et al. “A Comparative study between Retroperitoneoscopic pyelolithotomy and Percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the management of solitary large renal pelvic calculi”. JMSCR 2017: 5(8);26013-19
- “Role of inflammatory markers in predicting outcome of medical expulsive therapy for distal ureteric calculi” under peer review in Urology Annals journal.
- “Safety and feasibility of free hand transperineal prostate biopsy under local anesthesia – our initial experience” under peer review in Indian Journal of Urology.
- Dr. Vasantharaja Ramasamy is well trained in performing open, endoscopic, and laparoscopic procedures like URS, TURP, TURBT, PCNL, RIRS, Urethroplasty, Nephrectomy, Cystectomy, Adrenalectomy, Pyeloplasty, etc. for kidney, bladder, prostate, and urethra related diseases in Urology.
- He is highly qualified in performing various robotic-assisted surgeries like Radical prostatectomy, Partial nephrectomy, Radical nephrectomy, Radical cystectomy with bladder reconstruction, Adrenalectomy.
- He is a certified Da Vinci robotic console surgeon
- He is highly knowledgeable in renal transplant surgeries.
- He had been a part of the cadaveric renal transplant team.
- He is proficient in urological procedures like urodynamics, office endoscopic procedures, transperineal/rectal biopsies.
- Highly trained in performing various emergencies like urological procedures like bladder injury repair, ureteric injury repair, penile/scrotal/testicular injury repair.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Junior Resident, 2009-2011
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Science and Research (ESI-PGIMSR), Senior Surgeon, 2015-2016
- Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences, Aster MIMS, Consultant-Urology, Uro-Oncology.
- Chennai Urology and Robotics Institute, Robotic Surgeon,2020-2021.