Dr. Rishab Bharadwaj
MBBS, MD (Paediatrics), PDF (Paediatric Haemato-Oncology)
Paediatric Haematology, Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation, Clinical Haemato Oncology, Cancer Centre
Consultant - Paediatric Haematology, Oncology, Immunology, Blood and Marrow TransplantationBook an Appointment
Dr. Rishab Bharadwaj underwent his undergraduate MBBS training from the Govt. Stanley Medical College, Chennai. He was awarded the prestigious ICMR short term studentship award for research and was among a few students selected to attend the 23rd European Students’ Conference in Berlin. He did his postgraduate training from NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad. He completed the Post Graduate Program in Paediatric Nutrition conducted by Nestle Nutrition Institute in association with the Boston University School of Medicine during this period. He pursued his Fellowship in Paediatric Haematology/Oncology at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital, Chennai, and further undertook a Fellowship in Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai. He then proceeded to train in Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation at St. Mary’s Hospital (Imperial College NHS), London, the UK which is one of the world’s premier institutes for treating Haematological disorders and is renowned especially for pioneering haploidentical bone marrow transplants.
He has numerous presentations and publications in national and international journals. He has a special interest in Cellular therapy. He is experienced in dealing with a wide spectrum of conditions in benign and malignant Haematology, Oncology and Immunology, and is also proficient in Bone Marrow Transplantation, especially Haploidentical Transplants.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship in Paediatric Haematology-Oncology, Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital, 2019, Chennai, India
- MD (Paediatrics), Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College and V.S. General Hospital, 2017, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery), Govt. Stanley Medical College ,2014 , Chennai, India
- Sivasankaran M, Munirathnam D, Balasubramanian S, Agrawal S, Deshpande S, Bharadwaj R, Dhanalakshmi K, Kumar V. Diagnostic Spectrum and Clinical Profile of Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders at a Tertiary Care Children Hospital in Southern India. Indian Pediatrics 58, 246–249 (2021).
- Bharadwaj R, Chickabasaviah YT, Rao S, Srinivasan A, Balasubramaniam C, Chandrasekhar S, Scott JX. Rosette-forming Glioneuronal Tumor in the optic pathway of a child. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. 2020 Oct1:42(7):e655-8.
- Bharadwaj R, Raman T, Thangadorai R, Munirathnam D. Targeted Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to diagnose hereditary hemolytic anaemias. International Journal of Hematology-Oncology and Stem Cell Research. 2020 Jul 1;14(3):177.
- Sivasankaran M, Bharadwaj R, Sivabalan S, Thangadorai R, Kumar V, Munirathnam D. Non-malignant lymphoproliferative disorders in children: A case series. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. 2020 Jul 27:1-5.
- Jacob ES, Matheskumar S, Bharadwaj R. Group A Streptococcal carriage in children with ADHD: Antibiotic resistance and associated ASO levels. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 2019;8(3):472-5.
- Parekh ZR, Bharadwaj R, Parmar G, Shah A. Study of referral pattern of neonates at the tertiary care centre and role of TOPS score in assessing morbidity and mortality. National Journal of Community Medicine. 2018;9(3):157-60.
- Bharadwaj R, Munirathnam D, Sivabalan S. Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura secondary to tuberculosis. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics. 2018;5(5):2008.
- Bharadwaj R, Suresh SG, Srinivasan A, Mohanrao S, Santosh V, Chidambaram B, Chandrasekhar S, Scott JX. Medulloblastoma molecular subtypes: Profile and outcomes from a tertiary care pediatric oncology unit in South India. Pediatric haematology-oncology Journal. 2018;3(S7eS65):S49.
- Bharadwaj R, Srinivasan A, Scott JX. Clinico-biological profile of perinatal and infant Neuroblastoma; Experience from a tertiary care pediatric oncology centre. Pediatric haematology-oncology Journal. 2018;3(3):S54-5.
- Bharadwaj R, Ajeitha L, Revathi R, Deenadayalan M. Clinico-immunological profile of Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases at a tertiary care children’s hospital in South India. Pediatric haematology-oncology Journal. 2018;3(3):S30-1.
- Bharadwaj R, Ajeitha L, Srinivasan A, Scott JX. Cytogenetic profile in children with B-Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and its correlation with induction outcomes. Pediatric haematology-oncology Journal. 2018;3(3):S17-8.
- Loganathan A, Srinivasan A, Kumar N, Bharadwaj R, Scott JX. Microbiological profile and outcomes of infections during induction therapy in childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Pediatric haematology-oncology Journal. 2017;2(2):S28.
- Kumar N, Srinivasan A, Loganathan A, Bharadwaj R, Scott JX. Nutritional profile of children with acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia – data from a tertiary care centre from south India. Pediatric haematology-oncology Journal. 2017;2(2):S27.
- Bharadwaj R, Dagli PP, Shah AS. Acute Intermittent Porphyria in childhood presenting with hypertensive emergency and Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome. Journal of Paediatric Critical Care. 2016;2:58-60.
Presentations at National and International Conferences/Meetings
- Oral Presentations
- Paediatric Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia presenting as a paraspinal mass – Quarterly meeting of Mumbai Hematology Group, 2020.
- Haploidentical BMT in a case of sickle cell anaemia – Quarterly meeting of Mumbai Hematology Group, 2019.
- A study of referral pattern of neonates at a tertiary care centre and role of TOPS (Temperature, Oxygenation, Perfusion and Sugar) score in assessing morbidity and mortality – GIAPCON, Rajkot, 2015 (Awarded 1st place).
- Isolation of Group A Beta Hemolytic Streptococci in paediatric age group, antibiotic susceptibility testing and evaluation of anaerobic incubation compared to conventional technique – UG Medical Students’ Regional Research Conference, Thiruvananthapuram, 2011.
- Poster Presentations
- Clinico-immunological profile of Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases at a tertiary care children’s hospital in South India – 22nd Annual Pediatric haematology-oncology Conference (PHOCON), Bengaluru, 2018.
- Cytogenetic profile in children with B-Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and its correlation with induction outcomes – 22nd Annual Pediatric haematology-oncology Conference (PHOCON), Bengaluru, 2018.
- Medulloblastoma molecular subtypes: Profile and outcomes from a tertiary care unit in South India – 22nd Annual Pediatric haematology-oncology Conference (PHOCON), Bengaluru, 2018.
- A case of Benign Familial Neonatal Seizures (BFNS) – NEUROPEDICON, Ahmedabad, 2016.
- Senior Clinical Fellow
September 2020 – September 2021
Paediatric Haematology and BMT
St. Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College NHS Trust, London, UK
- Senior Clinical Fellow
July 2019 – July 2020
Paediatric Haematology-Oncology and BMT
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, India