Dr. Jayanti Shankar
MBBS, MD (Anaesthesiology), Fellowship in Liver Transplant Anaesthesiology and Critical Care
Liver Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
Senior ConsultantBook an Appointment
- M.B.B.S, Vinayaka Medical College, Karaikal, Pondicherry, November 1997- May 2002.
- MD, Anaesthesiology, April 2006- April 2009.
- Fellowship in Liver Transplant Anesthesia and Critical Care, 2013-2014, Medanta- The Medicity, India.
- Faculty development workshop on Integrated teaching through Health Care Simulation at Father Muller Charitable Institutions, Mangalore, in July 2016.
- Advanced Fellowship in Regional Anaesthesiology and pain management from Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Certified Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider and Instructor.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Life Member of Indian Society of Anesthesiologists, Membership No. J1203.
- Tamil Nadu State Medical Council-Registration Number 73594.
- Karnataka Medical Council – Registration Number Tmn20040000075ktk
CME And Conferences Attended
- Presented a talk on ERAS in pancreatic surgery in ISACON south zone 2021 at Pondicherry in December 2021.
- Talk on Anaesthesia for liver transplantation in the online CME for transplant anaesthesia at RAA (Ranjith Anaesthesia academy).
- Invited to give a talk on Point of care coagulation monitoring – Relevance and limitations at RSACPCON2020 (conference cancelled due to COVID-19).
- Gave a talk on Anaesthetic management for liver transplant at PGEXCEL 2020 at Hubli in February 2020.
- Gave a talk on Anaesthetic management of a brain dead donor for organ retrieval at RACE 2020 (Ramachandra anaesthesia continuing education) in January 2020
- Participated in a workshop organized by WHO on “Orientation on Hospital contingency plan and training in Basic life support for nursing staff” as an instructor in April 2004
- Attended Anaesthesia South Zone Conference at Kodaikanal in August 2007
- Attended the World Anaesthesia Day Conference organized by Stanley Medical College, Chennai Oct 2007.
- Participated in PULPIT PG Competition, presented “Failed Intubations” and won the first prize.
- Attended and presented cases in Preparatory Work Shops for Case presentations in Anaesthesia organized by Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai in November 2007; February 2008 and February 2009.
- Attended “Sigma” 2007, Madurai and participated in the Quiz competition.
- Attended the “CisaCon” Conference at Coimbatore in June 2008 and participated in Quiz competition and presented a paper on Airway examinations and its fallacies.
- Attended “Macme 2008” Conference organized by Madras Medical College, participated in PULPIT and presented paper “Anticoagulants and Regional Anaesthesia.”
- Attended the First National Conference in “Obstetric Anaesthesia” at Chennai, in Sept 2008 and presented a seminar on Management of Obstetric Hemorrhage and Anaesthesia.
- Attended RACE (Ramachandra Anaesthesia Continuing Education) in January 2009, 2008, 2007 as a part of the organizing committee.
- Presented seminars on Tetanus and Basic Hemodynamic monitoring at Manipal hospital, Bangalore. Presented number of cases during critical care meetings at Manipalhospital.
- Trained students during the ECG learning course held by the Indian Society of Electrocardiology in Sept 2011 at Goa.
- Attended Critical care GMC 2011 and participated in the pro-co debate on fluid of choice for resuscitation, are colloids outdated.
- Participated as a Faculty in a CME program held by ESI hospitals in June 2012, Gov of Goa and presented a talk on Organophosphate poisoning and its implications for theIntensivist.
- Tata Memorial Hospital Difficult Airway conference in December 2012, attended workshop in Fiberoptic Intubation and Percutaneous tracheostomy.
- Participated as a faculty in the perioperative transesophageal ECHO workshop held at Medanta, the Medicity in December 2013.
- Participated as faculty for a workshop on Pulse contour analysis during the 2nd International Liver Symposium 2014.
- Poster Presentation at the 2014 Joint International Congress of ILTS, ELITA and LICAGE, London, 2014, poster titled “Impact of Platelet transfusion on hospital stay, in patients withMELD score <24 undergoing living donor living transplantation”.
- Poster Presentation at the 2014 Joint International Congress of ILTS, ELITA and LICAGE, London, 2014, poster titled “Effect of Intra-operative HES 130/0.4 on postoperative operative renal function in LDLT recipients”.
- Participated in the 3rd and 4th International Liver Symposium held in 2016 and 2018.
- Participated in CALT conferences, CME and workshops organized by the Liver transplant department, Medanta – the Medicity.
- Attended CME and workshop on ECMO at Aster CMI hospital, Bangalore in September
- Lead Consultant, Transplant Anaesthesia, Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore, July 2019- Present.
- Consultant Anaesthesiologist, Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore, April 2016-April 2019.
- Associate Consultant, Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore, April 2015- April 2016.
- Anesthesiologist and Intensivist, Salgaoncar Medical Research Centre, Goa, July 2014-April 2015.
- Fellow Liver Transplant Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Medanta, The Medicity, Gurgaon, July 2103-June
- Anesthesiologist and Intensivist, Salgaoncar Medical Research Centre, Goa, Jan 2010-2013.
- Registrar, Department of Critical Care, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore, June 2009- Dec 2009.
- Post Graduate Resident, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, April 2006-April 2009.
- Casualty Medical Officer, Dept of Emergency Medicine SJMCH & Research division of National Institute of Health and Population, St. John’s Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (SJMCH), Feb 2004-Aug 2005.