Dr. Baskaran. V
MBBS, MD (Radio-Diagnosis), DNB, FRCR (UK), EDiR, DICRI
Interventional Radiology and Imaging Services
Senior ConsultantBook an Appointment
Dr. Baskaran Varadan has nine years of experience in medical imaging. He has completed a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Radiodiagnosis from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, followed by a Diplomate of National Board (DNB) from the National Board of Examinations. In addition, he obtained the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR), Diplomate of ICRI (IRIA) and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiology (FRCR), London, UK.
- MBBS, Govt. Kilpauk Medical College, 2010, Chennai.
- MD RadioDiagnosis, PGIMER, 2013, Chandigarh.
- DNB RadioDiagnosis, National Board of Examination, 2015 New Delhi.
- FRCR – Part I and Final II A 2018, Royal College of Radiology, London, UK
- EDiR, European Board of Radiology, 2021.
- DICRI, Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, 2021
- European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR), European Board of Radiology (EBR), 2021.
- Diplomate of ICRI, IRIA 2021, New Delhi.
- FRCR, Fellow of Royal College of Radiology -The Royal College of Radiologists, 2022, UK
Affiliations and Memberships
- The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR, UK).
- Corresponding member – European Society of Radiology (ESR)
- Life member – Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA)
- Member – Indian Association of Cardiac Imaging (IACI)
- Varadan B, Shankar A, Rajakumar A, Subramanian S, Sathya AC, Hakeem AR, Kalyanasundaram S. Acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalitis in a COVID-19 patient-a case report with literature review. Neuroradiology. 2021 May.’
- Shankar A, Varadan B, Ethiraj D, Sudarsanam H, Hakeem AR, Kalyanasundaram S. Systemic arterio-venous thrombosis in COVID-19: A pictorial review. World J Radiol. 2021.
- Shankar A, Varadan B, Srinivas S, Cherukuru R, Kalyanasundaram S. Pseudosacculations in CT enterography: a diagnostic clue to Crohn’s disease. QJM. 2021 Jan 5
- Shankar A, Varadan B, Kalyanasundaram S, Srinivas S. Hypoechoic halo sign: liver metastases. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2020 Nov 3.
- Sivaramalingam S, Ethiraj D, Srinivas S, Kalyanasundaram S, Subbiah K, Varadan B. Thread and streak sign in hepatocellular carcinoma. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine. 2021 Feb
- Kalyanasundaram S, Sudarsanam H, Dhas D, Shankar A, Varadan B,Ethiraj D, Rajakumar A, AC S, Devarajan V, Hakeem AR. Role of Combined CT Pulmonary Angiography and Indirect CT Venography in Diagnosing Venous Thromboembolism in COVID-19 Patients–Experience From an Indian Quaternary Centre. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2022 Sep.
- Ethiraj D, Kalyanasundaram S, Indiran V, Varadan B, Subbiah K, Srinivas S, Rajalingam R, Reddy M, Janghu P, Pandiaraj I, Kanase N. Newly proposed classification of celiac artery variations based on embryology and correlation with computed tomography angiography. Polish Journal of Radiology; 2022, 87(1):563-73.
- Poster presentation – 9th Annual National Conference of the Society for Emergency Radiology, October 2022 “Occult bowel perforation by a penetrating foreign body: Unusual cause of recurrent abdominal pain”.
- Special interest in Musculoskeletal, chest and abdominal imaging.
- Working experience in interpretation of cross-sectional imaging and advanced imaging modalities.
- Experience in both 1.5 and 3T MRI, 128, 256 slice MDCT and dual-energy CT.
- Conventional radiologic and fluoroscopic procedures like radiographs, IVP, MCU, Barium studies, HSG and T-tube Cholangiogram
- Active involvement in clinical, academic and research activities.
- Jan 2014 to Dec 2015 Senior Resident, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Jan 2016 to Dec 2017 Consultant, Saravana Diagnostic centre, Chennai.
- Jan 2018 to March 2019 Consultant Radiologist, Rajiv Scans, Sooriya Hospital, Chennai.
- April 2019 to 2021 – Consultant, Dr Rela Hospital, Chennai.
- April 2019 to present, Consultant, Dr. Rela Hospital, Chennai.